Thread: Which Version Will Work With Windows XP?

Which Version Will Work With Windows XP?

I currently have a license to use Paragon Hard Disk Manager Advanced. My primary operating system is Windows 10 Professional. However, I also run VMWare Workstation 15 that has a few other operating systems installed including 32-bit Windows XP. I attempted to install version 16.5 under Windows XP, and it refused to install. I had a need to resize a Window XP partition after allocating more space under VMWare. Can you please tell me if I am able to download an older 32-bit version of Hard Disk Manager that will install and function under Windows XP? If I am able to, will my coupon code for version 16.5 work with it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Which Version Will Work With Windows XP?

Thanks for posting. I did find the link to the legacy software, but I see no way of downloading any legacy versions. I opened a support ticket that is currently being worked on by Paragon. It is still in progress, so they may not have a simple solution for me.

I hope tech support tells you how to download the legacy software
    You can mount a virtual disk and resize a Window XP partition using HDM 16.5 Adv.
    vm.jpg

Oh nice -- I wasn't aware the tool could directly work with VMWare vmdk virtual disk file. Thanks for the tip!

Support did not share a way of downloading the legacy tools. Instead, I got a response stating they only support Windows 7 and greater. Thank you for providing the solution.