Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ERROR - Recovery Media Builder

Angry ERROR - Recovery Media Builder

#
    02-01-2019
    Nome do produto: Paragon Backup & Recovery 17 Preview
    #
    PARAGON - Backup & Recovery 17
    I installed it on my PC with Windows 10 Pro X64.
    After choosing the SSD where the Operating System is installed, I made the first copy successfully.
    #
    But I have a problem:
    I can not create "Recovery Media Builder".
    I downloaded the Windows ADK program and installed it by default on:
    C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Kits\
    After entering this information in "Path to installed ADK", I clicked Next.
    I returned to the insertion of the information where the installed ADK is located and inserted: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Windows Kits \ 10.
    Again the same ERROR:
    Could not find ADK in the specified location.
    Please specify the valid path to ADK.
    #
    And there is no solutions alternatives.
    I have consulted the PARAGON Page to clarify this configuration and everything is correct:
    https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/1339
    #
    I need your help.
    Otherwise, without creating this PEN recovery, the program does not have any sense of being installed to take up space.
    #
    Thanks
    #

Re: ERROR - Recovery Media Builder

I am running into the same issue you are. Running Windows 10 Pro x64, and successfully ran a full backup of the disk, but Recovery Media Builder can't find ADK. I've repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled in the default folder according to tutorial listed here: https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/1339

but I cannot get the program to recognize that the ADK is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10 , or any other alternate file paths that I've attempted. This really is a big issue, because like you've said, it makes the program virtually useless, and at this point I've started looking into other backup options.

Did you try adding a backslash to the directory path?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\

I obviously can't speak for Melgas, but for me a backslash or lack thereof has no effect on the program being able to find the ADK.

Same exact problem here... I've set the path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\. I've tried with and without the last backslash. I keep getting the message "WAIK/ADK path does not see to be valid. Please specify a valid WAIK/ADK path".

Administrator

1. The ADK is not needed usually in Win 7 and higher. We use the WIM file of the "Windows Repair" environment. Only if this environment is not installed or corrupted the solution would be to use the ADK.

2. The correct path would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10" (or 8 resp. 8.1 of course) with or without terminating backslash.

3.If you have Win 10 1809 please check the Microsoft download page consciously: The ADK download does not contain the WinPE anymore (Button: "Download the Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 1809"). The WinPE has to be downloaded separately: button "Download the Windows PE add-on for the ADK". This is not really an "add-on". This installation works stand-alone and does not require the ADK to be installed.

#
    Hi, shepherd.
    Please note.
    Download WinPE (Windows PE).
    Before you can use WinPE, you'll have to create a bootable WinPE USB flash drive, CD, DVD, or virtual hard drive.
    The files you need to create WinPE media are included in the WinPE Add-on to the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit. To create WinPE media, you'll have to install the ADK with the Deployment tools option, and then install the WindowsPE addon kit .
    #
    All the experiments indicated above, by "SIW2", as "jrmcaleese" and "Perk75" say, I also performed without success.
    #
    Unfortunately I notice that the program has a serious bug.
    I turned to technical support. They know of this problem. But they do not know how to solve it.
    That is why I was sent to this Forum.
    This program, without this feature, is worthless.
    #

Administrator

Dear Melgas,

1. Please read my above answer carefully. There is no discussion about that.

2. "I turned to technical support. They know of this problem. But they do not know how to solve it." Do you really want the answer you got from my colleague oncemore? It was:

thank you for understanding that we only support the current and the previous full versions of our software. For free and old versions we offer support in our user forums and knowledgebase.

English forum:

https://support.paragon-software.com...-Support-Forum

Multilingual Knowledgebase:

https://kb.paragon-software.com/

Multilingual forum:

https://support.paragon-software.com/

Please also refer to our Support Services Page.
    Thanks for this lesson.

#
    Hi.
    It's solved.
    I'll share it with everyone.
    Go to this page:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...pe--windows-pe
    #
    First:
    Download and Install the Windows version 1809 ADK.
    Install with all available options.
    Second:
    Download and Install the Windows PE add-on for the ADK.
    #
    Open the PARAGON Backup & Recovery program.
    You no longer need to enter "Path to installed ADK".
    The program install by default.
    #
    Try it.
    Good luck.
    #

#
    Hi, "shepherd".
    This solution I got from Microsoft is a lesson for PARAGON Technical Support.
    #
    You're welcome.
    Quiet and humbly, you assume that the PARAGON Technical Support did not know how to solve this serious problem.
    #
    For me, PARAGON Technical Support has a lot to learn about your program and your options.
    #
    You can copy this solution and pass it on to everyone.
    You can cite the source.
    #
    Get well.
    #