(I had previously posted these questions to Paragon Customer Support, but have not yet received a response.)

I have a question about Paragon Hard Disk Manager Advanced:

I am running a full system backup, and it has been several days since I started it. At this rate, the backup might be complete by next week. It makes sense for the backup to take this long, since there are about 6 TB to backup. However, I desperately need to restart my computer, since I had an unrelated audio problem, which required a driver reinstall, which is still pending. I cannot finish the driver installation and therefore get my sound working properly again without restarting. The problem is that the backup is still ongoing. Is there anyway I can pause the backup, restart, and then resume it? I don't want to cancel the backup and end up starting the week-long process all over again, but I really need to restart now. I can't wait another week to restart, and I don't want to cancel the backup completely, either!

Another question:

If I use my computer normally during the backup, will the backup have issues if certain files, which are frequently in use, are changed mid-backup? Would that corrupt the files, or will the backup simply skip those files and try to back them up later in the process, when they are not in use?