Thread: Primer for beginners?

Primer for beginners?

I am a complete beginner at using Paragon’s Hard Disk Manager. I have some extremely simple questions, but I couldn’t find answers to them in either the FAQ or the manual.

Is there some soft of a “Get started document” or a “Primer” for newbies?

For example, my first question is:

In order to completely back up my normal boot drive (c: in Win10) so that when I do a restore to a brand new HD it boots properly, do I have to create a bootable CD or USB stick that has a copy of the Hard Disk Manager software on it, or have things improved so that I can just run HD Manager from the version of HD Manager that was installed on c: ??? (Sorry that this is so extremely basic.)

Thanks in advance.

Tom M

Re: Primer for beginners?

you can install on c:, then do a backup from c:, of all partitions, to an image, and you can then recover that image to a new drive if desired, OR to current drive if windows screws stuff up.
    but, to restore to current c: drive, you would need to use the recovery media, because you can't restore to windows while windows is running

Re: Primer for beginners?

Thank you again, aoz987. Sorry I repeated my question on the other forum, but when I did not receive any reply for several days, I started to get worried, LOL. :-)