Thread: BitLocker Unlocking the Drives

BitLocker Unlocking the Drives

When booting using the WinPE recovery media, I see that my two drives are encrypted with Bitlocker, but when I click on unlock and enter the correct password for either my C or D drives, it tells me that it is the wrong password. I have done this over and over again and am certain that I am entering the correct password, because I am able to boot into Windows on the machine using that BitLocker password.

Re: BitLocker Unlocking the Drives

whendoing backups on a bitlocked drive, I thought it had to be run through windows itself, I do not believe that paragon can do a unlocked backup of a bitlocker drive through the RMB builder.
    then, when recovering an image, when it reloads the image from your backup to the drive, it is an UNLOCKD image, you have to re-bitlock it.
    if others have better information, please advise
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    whendoing backups on a bitlocked drive, I thought it had to be run through windows itself, I do not believe that paragon can do a unlocked backup of a bitlocker drive through the RMB builder.
    Actually with Paragon 2015, unlocking BitLocker worked just fine with the RMB. Also with 2016, the RMB gives you the option to unlock it, but it just doesn't work.

I will have to try that, I never realized that optin existed. I can then try it with the RMB, to experiment. but, right now, too busy trying to clean up messes from windows update, etc, what a pain