Thread: Backup fails

Backup fails

So, I'm trying Paragon Backup & Recovery 17 Free. I just deleted Acronis off all my computers because it keeps failing to backup on schedule. It just quits and never gives a warning. This happens several times per year. I can't have that going on with these computers, so I'm looking for something else.

This is my first attempt at a backup with Paragon and it fails every time giving the error "No free space (cannot create partition of requested size)", error code 0X10003. The drive I'm backing up is 5TB in size with about 3TB data. The destination drive is 8TB in size and is almost empty. Now, I have two backups going at once. One is backing up windows and my apps hard drives to the same destination (about 2.5TB of data). The one that is failing is my media drive. I need it to run less often, but the schedules do overlap once a month. I'm trying to start them both at the same time for the first run just to make sure this software works. The windows and programs backup is running fine. The media one fails every time. I'm assuming Paragon can handling queuing or two backups at once, maybe not? Or is something else going on?

All backups are set to best compression, Paragon Image, no password, 3.91 GB splitting, and full and incremental backups.
    Last edited by bpyazel; 25.09.18 at 02:25.

Re: Backup fails

I tried this software on another computer and it failed, too. There is something obviously wrong with this software. I see there must not be much support available either. I won't be buying this software. I've already uninstalled it and bought something else. Just delete this post.

Re: Backup fails

I'm assuming Paragon can handling queuing or two backups at once
    Paragon does handle nothing, Windows Task Scheduler does. And two instances of one program started and writing to the same device would fail most likely, wouldn't it?

I see there must not be much support available either.
    This is a user-2-user forum. 25.09.18, 02:22 - 26.09.18, 16:44, that's quite pretentious.

I won't be buying this software.
    You cannot buy this software, I assume for a long time. It's an early preview. https://support.paragon-software.com...ll=1#post10178. That's just my two cents.