Thread: APFS for windows, can't mount at all

APFS for windows, can't mount at all

Can't mount at all no matter in read only mode or read/write mode.
    20180906172708.jpg
    I can guarantee the disc has no problem. I use it on Mac everyday.
    I'm using Windows 10 OS Build 17134.228
    The disc is formatted under high sierra if I remember right.

Here is the log
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MY5...ew?usp=sharing

Re: APFS for windows, can't mount at all

I have been able to mount the drive in Read Only mode and it works fine. I could not mount the drive for Read/Write due to the existence of what I assume are Time Machine backups. However, I have no idea what I have to do to mount it in Read/Write.

I assume it never worked for you, correct? Is there any chance you had another product on there before? I had an issue because the other product I used, which supported APFS in Read Only mode as well, was interfering. Once I removed the existence of the other product Read Only worked fine.

cottonty: So I am now having a similar issue... is there any chance you have either an iMAC or a newer MACBook Pro with the T2 chip set in them for security?

I'm having the same issue and haven't seen a solution in here yet. I've tried installing the trial on two different Windows 10 machines with no success. The program installs, the service is running, the GUI sees the drive but I am unable to mount it. It is an external 4 TB Seagate drive, and I did see somewhere that you're not supposed to use APFS with external drives (bummer), so is that the problem?

I'd really like to get this to work, as I have recently taken up photography as a hobby and have over half a terabyte of files on the drive. I have a MacBook at home, and would like to be able to bring the drive to work where I have a Windows 10 machine, and edit files when I'm at lunch. Is this going to work for me?