Thread: APFS for Windows and Snapshots

APFS for Windows and Snapshots

I really want to purchase the APFS for Windows filesystem driver. However, when I attempt to mount my APFS disk it can only mount in Read Only mode due to the existence of snapshots. I know this is from the Time Machine application. From the research I have done it looks like I can't disable the snapshots in any way. So, what do I need to do to mount my APFS disk in Read/Write mode?

Any help would be appreciated... I really want this functionality as I have had it with a competitors product for years and they don't offer it with High Sierra. I realize it is BETA with Paragon as well but I am willing to buy in and be a BETA tester for the functionality, I just need to know that I can get it to work.

Thanks,

JK

Re: APFS for Windows and Snapshots

Seriously? This must be a common issue experienced by new users. I can't believe there hasn't been a single response.

JK

One more time... has ANYONE been able to get this APFS driver to work from Bootcamp in Read/Write mode? Read Only works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by JKromer View Post
    One more time... has ANYONE been able to get this APFS driver to work from Bootcamp in Read/Write mode? Read Only works fine.
    I have the same issue. I need to read/write and I don't want to delete snapshots. Any ideas anyone?