Thread: Point Backup and Recovery 17 to older backups

Point Backup and Recovery 17 to older backups

I have not migrated my Backup and Recovery installation in quite some time. I have several backups made with older products as far back as Backup and Recovery 2014 I would still like to be able to access with Backup and Recovery 17 Preview.

The newer interface is obviously very simplified, but after a fresh installation, I have no pre-existing backups in the left side bar from which to restore. How do I browse to existing backups from older versions, including legacy PBFs, in Backup and Recovery 17?

Thanks

Re: Point Backup and Recovery 17 to older backups

Having the same issue... if I have the right program- mine is from version 16 (or Rescue 14???)

Quote Originally Posted by FrustratedGuy View Post
    Having the same issue... if I have the right program- mine is from version 16 (or Rescue 14???)
    Exactly my problem !!

With any other backup program you can just open backup files, but not with the Paragon product.

Why is this really basic function missing ??

Please can someone answer this as I feel I must be missing something really obvious.

PeteH

something really obvious
    Obviously BR 17 Preview is a preview. A very basic preview missing a huge bunch of features older programs offered even with their free versions. I guess this is only to show the again completely new GUI to the public. Previews are usually not intended for use in production environments. Instead of complaining about the lack of functions of a "dummy" software you should use for example HDM 16 Basic: https://www.paragon-software.com/hom...ows/#resources. That will do the job.

Of course I'd agree with you that it is kind of - let's say - strange to cause a confusing situation like that. I'd wish Paragon would not act so thoughtless.