Thread: Backup failed error 0x11047

Backup failed error 0x11047

Thanks for you help. Suddenly the regular backup I have successfully been doing for over 4 months is now failing. The external hard drive is connected via USB and the back up starts as usual at the scheduled time, however the back up stops short and fails. The error message is 'The selected path is not available, please check and retry' 'Error source: Paragon Hard Disk Manager™ 16 Error code: 0x11047'
    Should I get an IT person in, or can I do this myself?
    Many thanks.

Re: Backup failed error 0x11047

first, try unplugging the usb drive, plug it back in.
    second, is the failure at the same percentage each time?
    third, how much space do yo have on the external drive, and how much space does a normal backup take?

Thank you I will check this out. Cheers, thanks for your help.

I think the problem is that Paragon is not recognising my Seagate external USB hard drives, because if I go to set up a single backup it isn't listed in the external devises box. Which is weird as it seems to recognise and list a small pen USB hard drive when I put that in the USB. And Paragon used to recognise the Seagate USB hard drive until recently, so what has changed? My PC laptop recognises the Seagate USB hard drive and when I troubleshoot it in Devices no issues are detected and it is working fine. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

Check if the external drive is listed in the local drives box. Additionally check how the drive is displayed on the "My Computer" pane. Is it displayed as NTFS or something like "UNFORM"? Does it have a drive letter assigned?