Thread: What am I doing wrong.....

Question What am I doing wrong.....

I had to back up my computer, due to an issue. Microsoft backup was not working, so I asked and then did some searching for a program to help me back up my files. I downloaded paragon b&r 17.

I have tried everything, to get to my files. I can not get to my files, I have read every post on the forum and tried a bunch of things and I just keep getting nowhere.

Here is a snapshot of the back up:

paragon bu.jpg

I need files off of the back up, I don't really need to restore it. Which I have tried to restore and I get a bsod. I have had to reinstall windows a bunch of times. Everything I need is in those files.

I created the recovery media builder, I have tried a VM and it doesn't recognize the pvmd file. I have mounted and unmounted, I downloaded paragon hard disk manager 16 and the files stay the same. I need to get to my files so I can get rid of this program. Oh and I have read the whole manual.

There is not much in the forum for PB&R 17, so if I could please get some help it would be awesome.

Oh and btw, I am a tech and I have never had this issue before, and usually if I have an issue I am good at figuring it out. I just want to scream right now.

Thanks in advance.

Re: What am I doing wrong.....

Hi
    BR17 currently has the preview status.
    BR17 has a new backup format (7.0) that previous versions of Paragon BR/HDM can't to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by cinlev View Post
    I have mounted and unmounted
    If you can mount a backup, your files will be available in Windows Explorer.

Or
    Quote Originally Posted by cinlev View Post
    I created the recovery media
    Boot from it (BR17), start the "Restore backup" wizard, select your backup, select "File and folders" tab then select the files you want to restore.

to fireworker
    re: BR 17, new backup format -
    are PROIR backups mountable by BR 17 ???

also, I assume you've been testing BR 17, any other quirks in it (after we've tried to clean up all the quirks in PHDM 16 :-))

I was going to test it, but after one post that indicated that the ablity to EXCLUDE folders from a backup was missing (and paragon support indicated that it would be back in the final release), I did not want to test something that was missing items that were going to be put back in, i'd wait for the final version

thanks
    nick

Hi aoz987,
    The desktop version BR17Free can mount only backups from its list, that is, created by itself.
    Recovery version BR17Free can restore any backups Papagon, IMHO.

oki, i'll wait till the phdm 16 update or the phdm 17 release, I need to see if they KEPT the re-re-re-fix for the EXCLUDE FOLDERS in the backup option s (expert options)