Thread: HDM 17 - EXCLUDE option missing again, in backup options? THIS CANNOT BE !!!!

HDM 17 - EXCLUDE option missing again, in backup options? THIS CANNOT BE !!!!

The abilty to exclude files/folders from an image seems to have gone from HDM 17.- This is a quote from one of the posts in the SUGGESTIONS section of furum.

First, where to get version HDM 17?
    AND, if this is truly missing again, that is NUTS !!

PLEASE don't tell me this is missing AGAIN !!!!!!
    it took me about 10 requests to support to get It FIXED in HDM 16 !!!!
    I will take your comment and post it to support again !!!!

NUTSSSS !!!!

addendum - I just sent request to support
    it included the following
    "SEE threads 188309, 174013, 165191, 159417. These all relate to the EXCLUDE option, its benefits, and the repair of it by development !!!!_...…"
    those were SOME of the threads I had sent support...

Administrator

Re: HDM 17 - EXCLUDE option missing again, in backup options? THIS CANNOT BE !!!!

Hi, aoz987, thanks for your feedback. AFAIK the most recent version released as an early preview is 16.22.0 (can't find any online at the moment though). This is missing a lot of announced features like e-mail notification etc. etc. I'm pretty sure that excludes will be available in the final. But anyway I've posted a feature request/bugreport.

Re: HDM 17 - EXCLUDE option missing again, in backup options? THIS CANNOT BE !!!!

Shepherd,
    thanks for reply.
    QUESTION - WHERE did the individuals who HAVE this version, GET it? (ADDENDUM, support did post a link for me, at the BR-FREE (PREVIEW) section, the program is marked as BR17-PREVIEW)

as I noted to support, in one of te requests, I'd LOVE to get the LATEST LATEST releases, so I can keep on top of what they might have excluded, added, etc, and you can see from my posts that I can create constructive feedback to them, with screenshots, details of what is missing, etc.

BUT, support indicated that the features of BR16 will be included in BR17. SO, if I actually WERE a beta tester, then I would be testing a product that did NOT have all the final features? the problem with that is then I would be posting questions about items that would not actualy be important, if I found a missing feature that actualy was going to be included? It still would be interesting to be part of the beta program, because any new feature, if I found it and tested it, I could provide feedback as to if that feature was problematic.

anyway, thanks
    nick
    Last edited by aoz987; 25.07.18 at 13:37.

Administrator

The BR 17 Preview 16.22 is all I have and of course I got it from internal sources. Don't know where other people get it from. I thought it had been online somewhere but if you got it from Support maybe others do as well. OK ... stop ... you just have to talk to people. A collegue gave me https://www.paragon-software.com/home/#free, there's the most recent Preview available. B&R Preview. B&R is always the first module we produce, then the others. That's why we have B&R 16, and HDM 16, but no DC or DW 16. Will be the same with 17 I suppose.

Still 16.22.0 obviously. But as I hear it will be updated every 14 days or so. I suppose daily builds don't make no sense for you. Would end up in serious work otherwise.

We do not run a beta program anymore for a long time but if you are in contact with our support, I'm sure they will appreciate your contribution if you transfer it via tickets.

Shepherd,
    thanks for reply. I also just got that link from support. they told me it can be installed concurrently with PHDM 16, so I might download and try it.
    re: 14 days, versus daily -
    That's not a big problem (daily would be overwhelming, but for true beta testing, if that were do-able, would be interesting)
    my main concern is to see if the critical items that I and others have posted, have been addressed in newer releases.

but my concern is if that is preview, and does NOT have all the features that will be in the end product (if it is stripped down from even the CURRENT features), then the posts become redundant and waste my time and the developer's time. but I still mnkight download it for testing.
    again, thanks for your help
    nick