Thread: Backup & Restore issues

Backup & Restore issues

Hi,

I have a question regarding to a message shown after the HDM16 Basic successfully restored my backup image to an SD card. It shows:
    If you have a Linux system, please reinit its boot loader. (something like this)

Here is what I did. I have an SD card that I extracted from my Raspberry Pi. I put it into my PC and then used HDM==>Create single backup==>select the entire disk to create a backup image stored in my PC. What I want to do is to restore this image to another SD card. So I inserted another SD to my PC and used HDM==>Restore backup==>select the backup image just created==>restore to the inserted SD card. After everything was done, that "reinit boot loader" message showed up. I checked the content of the SD card, and it seemed to have everything. But when I inserted it back to Raspberry Pi, it didn't boot at all. Apparently this "reinit boot loader" thing is required. I found another thread from here, but the procedure was different.

My question is, how come such simple clone operation doesn't seem to clone (at least the booting part is not in the new disk). Did I miss something?

Thanks everyone for your time to read my thread.

AW: Backup & Restore issues

Did I miss something?
    Yes: System requirements => Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */