Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Activation suddenly requested and not working

Angry Activation suddenly requested and not working

This morning, after a major Microsoft Windows 10 update on my computer, Paragon asked for my credentials. I did so but then it told me that the maximum number of licenses had been reached. Result: I cannot run Paragon Backup and am consequently left without backup system.
    I am QUITE UPSET about this whole situation. And getting a response will again take 3 to 5 working days. Just not acceptable when dealing with backup applications.
    Can you please tell me why I cannot install Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Advanced? My account tells me I have the following 2 active licences (why that is is also not clear to me, as it seems that Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Advanced should be enough):
    • Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Basic
    • And Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Advanced

For your information, I had removed all Paragon software, and started installing Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16 Advanced from scratch. I am still confronted with the issue described above.

Re: Activation suddenly requested and not working

Try to release the licenses in the MyParagon and then reactivate via serial.
    Last edited by fireworker; 28.05.18 at 23:50.

Administrator

Please refer at first to our knowledgebase entry "How to release an activated license to use the serial number on another machine".

On Windows systems the activation is bound to the Windows product ID. This has been a solid anchor formerly but since Win 10 every mayor update like 1803 changes this ID due to the method MS rolls out these updates.

Starting from HDM 16 16.18.6 the activation will be bound to the MAC address of the NIC used during the online activation process. This requires one more (last?!?) time to release the serial, then delete or rename C:\ProgramData\Paragon\[product name]\licence.lic, then start and activate the software again.

We have an article in our knowledgebase but it's in German - if this could be of any help:"Festplatten Manager 16 – Aktivierung über MAC-Adresse". Lots of screenshots though ...

Thanks, but .. which of all license numbers (Basic, Advanced, Drive Copy Advanced etc...) should I use? And once I have used one unit of my license stock, how can I get a credit from Paragon, as this is clearly not linked to license usage?
    See enclosed screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

You did not follow "Festplatten Manager 16 – Aktivierung über MAC-Adresse", didn't you? Screenshots. Should be internationally understandable.

Let the system decide as seen in:

KB2025-05.jpg

Administrator

And yes, thats German, but the buttons are exactly at the respective positions. No matter the label. Thanks for your cooperation.

Frankly, this is NOT user-friendly. And how do I know which license on which GUID I should release? I have two PCs on which I have installed Paragon. When I enter "GUID" in the settings pane, nothings comes up. How do I find it? Please take notice that GUID is not commonly understood by most users, you should be clearer on how to find it . Additionally, my logging as per Bild 03 enclosed is not working. And yet I use the exact same identifiers as those I use to log onto my Paragon account on the web. In doubt, I ask the password to be sent to my e-mail address. Twenty minutes have gone by, nothing came in. Frustrating.
    PS: increase the time-out. I was entering my text when I was asked to re-logging. More user friendliness, please.

Attachment 628
    Attachment 629

By the way, when I uninstalled I was asked if I wanted to keep all the jobs I had created. I said yes. I hope they are preserved.

The password reset e-mails arrived this morning. Three in a row. About 15 hours after being requested... I have completed the new password activation process, it seems to work. I will keep you posted if something goes wrong.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Funny. Never seen that message. Did you already activate the program again at the time this message popped up? Did you create multiple jobs while the software had been activated?