Thread: paragon home 15 resque disks do not work......

paragon home 15 resque disks do not work......

Hi there,

I bought 17-1-2018 version 15, and i made resque disks one for BIOS and on for EFI.

The one for bios only starts in save modes in normal modus i see a picture of a hard disk and can look for hours at this picture but nothing hapens,

The one for EFI both normal modus and save modus don't work.

Is there a selution for this issue.

Are the updates for version 15 ??

Thnx,
    Harm

Re: paragon home 15 resque disks do not work......

Hi Harm.
    As I understand it, you created Linux-based Recovery disks that can't recognize your hardware.
    As far as I know, the development of Linux-based Recovery disks has been suspended.
    You can create WinPE Recovery disk, and if you add the necessary drivers during creation (if suddenly the standard Windows drivers can not cope), Recovery disk recognizes any, even the newest hardware.

Hi fireworker,

There is no option in RMB wizard to make a WinPe recovery disk.
    It says, >> The recovery environment based on Windows PE platform is not supported in this product edition, so recovery Environment platform is automaticly set to Linux <<

and i can choose EFI or BIOS

A bit strange " not supported in this product edition " i'm using this for home purpeses, witch version should i have bought.

Yes i looked in the user manual and if i want to let this work, WOW, i'm a user not a programmer.
    And when i got this to work i'm missing options , if i'm getting this right

No i don't want my monney back or something, but version 11 was sooooo good, the complete layout etc. etc.

Paragon partition magic/manager, was alway's my most beloved program, but i think i got to look else where, sorry.

And fireworker, thnx

Greetings,
    Harm

Quote Originally Posted by Harm View Post
    There is no option in RMB wizard to make a WinPe recovery disk.
    It says, >> The recovery environment based on Windows PE platform is not supported in this product edition, so recovery Environment platform is automaticly set to Linux <<
    I am very surprised. What is this program "paragon home 15"? And what is your OS?

Quote Originally Posted by Harm View Post
    No i don't want my monney back or something
    If you bought Paragon Partition Manager 15 Home then I advise immediately to demand money back, on the grounds that the program don't work on your PC. In general Paragon Partition Manager 15 Home is a very unusual program, I did not see it being sold anywhere. Better use HDM16 Basic for free or buy HDM16 Advanced.

Hi Fireworker,

I Bougth the program februari 2018.
    I know that the free edition has limitations, i also think making a rescue dist is not an option, with the free edition.

Here a link so you can see http://https://myalbum.com/album/gcrC34pRZ9rC it looks like windows 10 , is not my thing, hahahaha

And below the discription of the help section see the bold writing, ik can start it in dos with limited drivers, right.....

2. In the boot menu select Normal Mode to use the Linux recovery environment (more preferable) or Safe Mode to use the PTS DOS recovery environment (in case you’ve got problems with Linux). Moreover you’ve got the option to boot into the Low-Graphics Safe Mode (PTS DOS safe mode) to cope with a serious hardware incompatibility. In this case, only the minimal set of drivers will be included, like hard disk, monitor, and keyboard drivers. This mode has simple graphics and a simple menu.

Maby your right i should ask my monney back or ask a free upgrate to version 16, the most bizar is there is no way to look for updates for version 15, verry strange.

Greetings,
    Harm

Hi Fireworker,

I Bougth the program februari 2018.
    I know that the free edition has limitations, i also think making a rescue dist is not an option, with the free edition.

Here a link so you can see http://https://myalbum.com/album/gcrC34pRZ9rC it looks like windows 10 , is not my thing, hahahaha

And below the discription of the help section see the bold writing, ik can start it in dos with limited drivers, right.....

2. In the boot menu select Normal Mode to use the Linux recovery environment (more preferable) or Safe Mode to use the PTS DOS recovery environment (in case you’ve got problems with Linux). Moreover you’ve got the option to boot into the Low-Graphics Safe Mode (PTS DOS safe mode) to cope with a serious hardware incompatibility. In this case, only the minimal set of drivers will be included, like hard disk, monitor, and keyboard drivers. This mode has simple graphics and a simple menu.

Maby your right i should ask my monney back or ask a free upgrate to version 16, the most bizar is there is no way to look for updates for version 15, verry strange.

Greetings,
    Harm

Hi Harm
    I tested this program when it was distributed by GOTD. And thereat I wrote (in the Russian branch) that this is a very strange program. In my opinion, even free Paragon programs are better.

Hi fireworker,

To bad for me it was a waste of monney, i'm not verry welthy so i wil give it one more try with V16, if i've saved enough.
    I gonna try to reach the customer service on this maby they ar well-willing to compensate me.

I keep you posted.

And again verry mutch thanks, for trying to help me.

Greetings,
    Harm