Running B&R 15 Home, I am looking for some insite from someone with knowledge of internals of scripts.exe. I am trying to write a script that will insert an operation between the Virtual and Committed portions of a backup. It seems that Virtual and Committed both happen after "apply all" so I thought I could split the two by using "apply <number>", then insert my new command, then "apply all" to finish up. I thought I would just increment <number> until I found one that works, however scripts.exe throws an error on "apply 1", "Grammar error. There is no rule which contains such word: "1" "

The "Paragon Scripting Language (tm) User Manual" (copyright 1994 - 2013) states:

<digit> ::= 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 0 --- note "digit" not officially defined in the PSL Grammar, just used in an
introductory example of BNF...
<number> ::= [-]<digit> {<digit>} | [-]<hex mask>
<size operand> ::= (<size operand>) | ... |<number> | ...
<apply> ::= APPLY <size operand> | APPLY ALL

My questions (so far) are:

1. Is "apply" broken? or am I mis-interpreting the formal language.
2. Can I split the virtual and committed operations using apply or is there some other way?

Background:

I'm running B&R Home 15 on Windows 10 backing up to a Linux system running Samba using base = "\\LINUX2/backup/gtdesk/WeeklyFull/WeeklyFull.pfi"
It runs daily and works fine most of the time, but because Windows networking SUCKS! the committed portion of the backup fails randomly (every few weeks or so) with a "Can't open or create file" error. (This is NOT Paragon's problem.) I wrote a Windows batch file script to kick networking in the butt by trying (up to 100 times) to write to the target base directory and envoked it with "EXEC FILE "c:\backups\pathtest.bat" PARAMETERS "\\LINUX2\backup\gtdesk\ >c:\backups\plog.log 2>&1 " ENDPARAMETERS. It Works! It significantly reduced the occurance of errors, but did not eliminate them completely. I suspect that since pathtest.bat was running before the virtual phase, and that Paragon does not try to go to the target until the committed phase, and that Windows networking went to sleep during the time it took to run virtual. That's why I want to run pathtest.bat between the two, but my use of "apply 1" didn't work. (I know I'm chasing a race condition here, but I'd just like to reduce the window of opportunity here since fixing Windows networking is probably not possible. )

I can post sources to my psl file and pathtest.bat if you need them.

I hope someone can tell me why "apply 1" did not work.

Regards,

Glenn Talbott