Thread: Paragon NTFS for Mac Giving False Update Messages Daily

Paragon NTFS for Mac Giving False Update Messages Daily

Greetings,

Several days ago NTFS for Mac displayed a notification to update; successfully installed version 15.2.319; and each day since, I get a new notification to update, but, of course, it then reports the latest version is already installed ( 15.2.319).

I've rebooted the computer, as well as disabled/enabled "/Library/Application Support/Paragon Software/com.paragon-software.ntfs.notification-agent.app/Contents/MacOS/NotificationAgent"

No joy.

How can I maintain the automatic update checks, but stop the false reporting?

Thanks

Frederico

AW: Paragon NTFS for Mac Giving False Update Messages Daily

Hello,

it's the same behavior on my MacBook Pro. Daily update messages.

Thank you

Regards

Georg

Re: Paragon NTFS for Mac Giving False Update Messages Daily

I have the same problem with daily update notifications, even after I installed the update.

Does anyone from the company read these posts? I see the original post was several months ago.

This happens on both my iMac with Mohave, and my MacBook Pro with Sierra. I have Paragon NTFS version 15.4.19.

In addition to a daily notification, a new one pops up sometimes with the Preferences window.

I hope someone from Paragon can remedy this annoyance.

Thank you,
    Mike

Please: IT at Paragon NTFS. Address this topic of daily update messages

I've been using this on multiple machines for a while now and I only seem to get the notification on my Mac Pro at work.

Every time I click the pop up it says the latest version is already installed — frustrating.

Same issue here. Every so often, the software pops up a notification that a new version is available. Upon checking it is still the same version and no update is available.

MacBook Pro running Catalina v10.15.2, using NTFS for Mac v 15.5.66.

Still not a peep about this? Has it been addressed elsewhere?? Because I believe this is affecting my boot-ups, and possibly causing crashes, as it's the only thing that appears to not be fully loaded yet when I have a crash. Then upon restart, my iMac gets that one loaded before some of the rest of the login items and everything runs smoothly. So perhaps a combination of things is causing it. But I'm about to uninstall and find an alternative, because this is annoying as all hell. And the lack of responses on their very own forums is embarrassing and disgraceful.

!BUMP! Any solution to this? Its happening on my Macbook Pro, Late 2013 Retina as well as both of my Mac Mini 2012 models. From the sounds of it this seems to be a problem that is not only ongoing and well known, but seems to be spanning versions and mac platforms. Not to be condescending, but how hard could this possibly be to fix? Code should be similar to:

version.Current < verion.OnServer
    {
    UpdateMethod();
    }

I know it's not quite that simple, but i cant imagine why it's not pretty damn close!!! Its driving me nuts! Been an issue since i got my External Drive on Boxing Day, December 26, 2017. Super annoying AF and frustraing!!! Someoe else on a different message thread was having the same issue and they suggested it was causing performance issues; siad their system was runrning slow and apps crashaing cause of it. Never had that problem that i'm aware of, and TBH it doesnt make sense to me... but when you've been in the game for 15+ years like I have, nothing surprises me anymore!

Same for me, since a year or so, over several versions of the OS. Insanely annoying. Please fix this yesterday.