Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Error code 0x10060

Re: Error code 0x10060

I found this: Error code 0x10060 – failed to read the dynamic disk info
    http://download.paragon-software.com/doc/script_man.pdf p.47
    Do you have a dynamic disk and you tried to backup files from it?
    ------------------
    Hmm, here http://net.m3se.ru/root/SOFT-PROGRAM.../html/psl.html is written that error 0x10060 - access is denied.
    Last edited by fireworker; 23.05.18 at 09:55. Reason: add

Probably what I wrote above does not apply to your case.
    You have a "Bad parameter of function"

Administrator

Hi, PeeDee,

To make it clear:

1.The functionality "Incremental backup" is available in HDM 16 Basic.

2. Functions not available in HDM 16 Basic are visually blocked with a padlock. Be sure we want you to know that a function is unavaible to make you buy the respective module. Or not - your choice.

To quote so-called technical support....
    Of course there is no technical support at all for free products. If any it's here ...

4. As fireworker says: "Bad parameter of function" can be anything. But dynamic disks involved is a good guess - for example.

Thank you both for your input and to you, Shepherd for further clarification. Not knowing what a dynamic disk was until mentioned here, AFAIK I don't have a dynamic disk. To take your points Shepherd...

1 & 2 Noted - I thought I was being fed BS - how stupid do they think I am ?

3. I stick by 'so-called' - (a) if tech support is not available on the basic version, just come out and say it. (They have helped me before). (b) They shouldn't lie, why should I buy the upgrade when this is how they behave ?

4. I give up - I'll find another back-up supplier that I can trust. Good luck to you all.
    Last edited by PeeDee; 24.05.18 at 15:31.

are you able to do a SINGLE BACKUP? and, if so, can you then try to do an INCREMENTAL BACKUP to add to that single backup (do NOT set it up as a job, and do not set it up to do automatically)

I know it is frustrating, but I can almost guarantee you that if you switch to another program, (different company) you wil run into other errors that are jjust as frustrating. I do not work for paragon, but I've tried many different programs, and each has their own downfals. ONE of the issues is the continual updates by Microsoft, and then the other vendors have to patch their programs, etdc, etc, etc. It is like a dog chasing its tail. it is VERY frustrating. That is why I keep sticking with paragon, and keep sending tech support the bugs that I find; I do find that they do try to fix tehm.
    and if we on the forum can help, we try (but not always successfully....)