Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error code 0x10060

Error code 0x10060

I seem to be unable to do incremental backups either to a full or a selective backup. I get error code 0x10060 "Bad parameter of function". A search reveals this error code has not been written about before, which I doubt ! Any suggestions ? I'm running it on a Windows 10 machine, with plenty of external hard disk space available.

Thanks.

Re: Error code 0x10060

Do you already have a full (and checked) backup?
    Please attach screenshots of your actions from the beginning and until the error occurs.

This happens with full and partial backups. For the example below, I'm attempting an incremental backup on a backup of my data files, which you can see have been validated.

screen 1.jpg

The images show that I can run the job, that the external drive (E:\) is being accessed....

screen 2.jpg

... but that once the file transfer has started, about a minute later, it crashes...

screen 3.jpg
    Last edited by PeeDee; 15.05.18 at 10:39.

Thank you for the pictures. Alas, I could not reproduce this error (PHDM 16 Basic 16.18.6) My even the most crazy tasks (for example backup of the folder "backup" to inside itself) were executed without errors.
    Apparently you should contact the technical support of Paragon.

Thanks anyway fireworker. I get less enamoured with Paragon each day after the nonsense of having to re-activate when moving to Version 16.

PeeDee,
    I understand your frustration with the activation, and I've sent a support request to paragon about the COUNT they do for activation.
    BUT, the bigger frustration should be with Microsoft; I spent all of sunday updating 4 machines. THEN that changes the GUID, so paragon thinks this is on a new machine, so it's not entirely paragon's fault.
    don't give up hope with paragon; I've felt the same way at times, but if you check forums for similar software, the same or other issues crop up over time also.

I feel I can rely on paragon, for its core stuff of data backup and restore, even with PHDM 16; when they changed the interface I was really skeptical, but have now explored it more, sent them about 30 requests for things missing or changed, and they've gradually improved these.
    for example, LATEST significant improvement, I started the 16.18.1 version on my home machine, and lo and behold, I got a POP-UP stating that there was now 16.18.6 version !!! WOW, a not ficaition that a new version was available !!

so, keep the faith, hopefully, and we on the forum can try and help.... (but it is exhausting....)
    firefox does great at replying also, a great resource !

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    PeeDee,
    I understand your frustration with the activation, and I've sent a support request to paragon about the COUNT they do for activation.
    BUT, the bigger frustration should be with Microsoft; I spent all of sunday updating 4 machines. THEN that changes the GUID, so paragon thinks this is on a new machine, so it's not entirely paragon's fault.
    don't give up hope with paragon; I've felt the same way at times, but if you check forums for similar software, the same or other issues crop up over time also.

I feel I can rely on paragon, for its core stuff of data backup and restore, even with PHDM 16; when they changed the interface I was really skeptical, but have now explored it more, sent them about 30 requests for things missing or changed, and they've gradually improved these.
    for example, LATEST significant improvement, I started the 16.18.1 version on my home machine, and lo and behold, I got a POP-UP stating that there was now 16.18.6 version !!! WOW, a not ficaition that a new version was available !!

so, keep the faith, hopefully, and we on the forum can try and help.... (but it is exhausting....)
    firefox does great at replying also, a great resource !

Thanks for the encouragement aoz

Update - 1 week after contacting tech Support they tell me that feature is not available in the basic package - I need to buy the upgrade. This sounds like B***S*** to me - any professionally made software would tell me in advance that I would need to upgrade, or it would not even allow me to see advanced functionality. It would not allow me to start a job and then crash with an error message after 5 minutes.

Can anyone out there with basic functionality create incremental backups ?

What does "feature not available" mean, what "feature", incremental backup?
    I did a variety of incremental backups when I tried to get an error 0x10060. %((

Quote Originally Posted by fireworker View Post
    What does "feature not available" mean, what "feature", incremental backup?
    I did a variety of incremental backups when I tried to get an error 0x10060. %((
    My point exactly ! 'Feature' was my word. To quote so-called technical support....

Please note that you a reusing a free version Hard Disk Manager 16 Basic, which is fictionally limited.

At this moment, Hard Disk Manager 16 is available in two packages: Basic and Advanced.

Basic is a free package with limited functionality (basic Backup & Recovery options).

I assume she meant 'functionally' limited. So it sounds like I'm being fobbed off. I'll get back to her....

Thanks,

P