Thread: windows 10 major upgrade, screwed up stuff, activation, check integrity, etc, ??

windows 10 major upgrade, screwed up stuff, activation, check integrity, etc, ??

ok, windows 10 again major upgrade this past week, my 4 computer spent all day doing maintenance this weekend.
    then, went to run paragon.
    told me all my licenses were used up. short story, had to DE-activate all them, then RE-activate. ISSUE with this is that I believe someone posted that paragon has a counter for activations, so now I've used up another counter in the activation, DUE to windows, NOT due to moving to another machine, etc. any clarification appreciated.

also, when backing up to network drive, checking integrity, I got the ERROR again, about windows NOT FINDING A FILE (error #2), I thought this was cleared up in paragon's latest updte, but it seems like it has returned, I've posted to paragon support on this also.

any other quirks/bugs/pains noted?
    thanks
    nick

Re: windows 10 major upgrade, screwed up stuff, activation, check integrity, etc, ??

Hi
    HDM 16 Basic and Advanced were updated to 16.18.6

I'm not sure of my next assumptions:
    Update Win 10 (can) change GUID?
    The HDM license is now attached to the MAC address instead of (or together with) GUID?
    Last edited by fireworker; 15.05.18 at 02:12. Reason: del pic

Re: windows 10 major upgrade, screwed up stuff, activation, check integrity, etc, ??

fireworker, thanks for reply.
    I ACTIVATED PHDM 16, then ran it yesterday, but had lightning storem, so I shut it off.
    today, I restarted it, AND LO AND BEHOLD, they now have a pop-up to alert you that there is a new version !!!!! YEAAAAAHHHH !!
    I've only sent them that request about 10 times !!
    I will retry the quirks, with the NEW updated version, and see what happens.
    thanks