Hello,

I have saved a large number of images located in several folders to my external hard drive from a Windows 7 machine. When I open the hard drive on my MacBook pro (macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)), there are two issues that I am running into:

1) I can access a majority of the folders and their contents, but there are a few folders that I cannot open because I do not have permission. I can change the permissions manually, but is there a way to make sure I automatically have permission. This is strange for me since some folders work just fine while others do not.

2) There have been a few occasions where at least one of the image files is not visible in the folder. When I run a python script to obtain the list of files in the folder, the name of the missing image shows up in that list, but the actual file is not visible or accessible to open or edit. I have double checked that the file is indeed on the hard drive. I have gone back to the windows machine, and it works just fine. When I go back to my Mac, however, I still cannot see the file. Can anyone help me fix this issue?

Thanks.