Thread: Cannot Create Recovery Media

Cannot Create Recovery Media

On most of machines I cannot even installed the windows ADK, I guess this is an issue with windows and domain usages so any domain computer is out. I set up a machine clean and off the domain and got the ADK installed but now when I go to create the backup media it says it finishes but it happens quickly and no media is created. No ISO is in the folder I chose and if I try to have it burn a CD or make a USB flash drive the same happens. It says it worked but it didnt do anything. This is on a Windows 10 machine. I have windows 7 machines on my network as well but cannot get the ADK to install on those either. Is there a simpler way? I need to be able to use the recovery media in order to image new machines form bare metal.

Re: Cannot Create Recovery Media

what destination do you use when you are using the REcovery Media Builder?

can you add some screen shots?

Cant get screenshots easily however there is nothing to really screenshot. there isnt an error of any sort. We have tried the destination as various places. Network share to place the ISO and also making the media directly as USB and DVD either one. All with the exact same results. It pretends to finish but it doesn't actually do anything.

You said you have problems installing ADK, but how do you know there are problems? No errors? Isn't installed afterwars? Please check the standard destination if it's there.

Btw you can also just create the Recovery Media on any PC, means you can also try it at home/standalone PC/Laptop if you think the problem is related to your network policies.