Thread: Just will not save any backups to my local QNAP NAS drive.

Just will not save any backups to my local QNAP NAS drive.

I've had this for quite a while now. I go through all the scheduling using the helper, pick all the relevant sources and destinations and tell the system when I want it done but absolutely nothing happens. It doesn't run as scheduled and no backup is created. The laptop connects by wireless to the router which is wired to the NAS drive. Am I being very dense?

Re: Just will not save any backups to my local QNAP NAS drive.

did you try a manual non-scheduled backup, to see if it works whily you are observing?
    also, try the latest patch/upgerade, version 16.18.0, I just downloaded it

I jlust watched paragon backup run, and it just dies, and stops, without any error, and goes back to the main window of the combined new "Hard Disk Manager". No error dialog, it's just dead.

This new Hard Disk manager 16.x product is crap.
    paragon_run1.jpg

You know what seals the deal for me, they didn't put a Help > About dialog that even reports the exact version, within the UI. It's like someone who has zero years developing software was allowed to do the UI for the new "Hard Disk Manager Lite" product.

A word to your UI designer. Having the backup task vanish without a modal dialog is not a user experience win.

Hiding the error messages under a my activities pane is not a win.

Your UI sucks. Here's where the errors hide out:

parafail.jpg
    Last edited by wpostma; 18.04.18 at 21:03.

can you contact support, for an actual support ticket? they cn have the log files generated, and sent to them, and they can possibly evaluate it from there.
    re: not seeing version, I found it at "home -> Info About", see attached.
    I know this latest UI is confusing, but I've been sending paragon (through support) several screen shots and issues that got messed up from PHDM 15, and they have been very receptive to fix items or update them.
    and I have done multiple tests on this data, both backup, and full recovery to separate drives, and done binary comparisons of data (several gigabytes), ot test this, and have found that the core of data protection is very reliable. I hope you can reconsider and try and get the bugs fixed, because I've researched many backup programs, and had switched to this one many years ago, and have not found any new reason to switch back to any others. not that this is the best or worst, but ALL of them had their quirks, learning curves, etc, an this one, despite interface changes, has remained reliable.
    Attached Images Attached Images