Thread: Error "coupon is over" when trying to activate HardDisk Manager 16

Error "coupon is over" when trying to activate HardDisk Manager 16

I can’t find a way to activate Hard Disk Manager. I did not purchase advanced features, but when I try to activate HDM I get the error “coupon is over”.
    I first installed and activated Backup and Recovery free 2016 10.2.1., but as I could not get the usb rescue media working (hangs on black screen) and read that that problem has been solved in newer versions, I uninstalled PBR free and installed HDM 16 (64bit).
    But when I try to activate it, I get the error “coupon is over”.
    I hope somebody can explain to me what I am doing wrong.
    Thank you, An

Re: Error "coupon is over" when trying to activate HardDisk Manager 16

did you create an account (need to do this even for free version)?
    if not, then create one.
    if you did, then go to your account page, download the PHDM 16 basic.
    then re-install.
    THEN, when activation page comes up, choose the link that takes you to your account; log into the account, and that may work better at registering the program.
    hope that is of some help

Thank you for your reply, aoz987. I uninstalled PHDM and made shure I was logged in, before downloading it again. But that made no difference. And there is no possibility to download PHDM from within my account. Only PBR16 free is visable in my account. I think I am doing something very simple wrong, but I can't find what. This is the error notification I get when trying to activate:

"status": 410, "statusText": "", "headers": { "date": "Sun, 25 Mar 2018 13:16:55 GMT", "server": "nginx", "vary": "Origin", "content-type": "application/json;charset=UTF-8", "access-control-allow-origin": "https://my.paragon-software.com", "access-control-expose-headers": "Email, X-Total-Count, Request-Id", "access-control-allow-credentials": "true", "connection": "keep-alive", "content-length": "26" }, "body": { "error": "COUPON_IS_OVER"--

i'm not sure what else to do - did you re-download the PBR16, and retry it?
    hopefuly someone else can step in and assist you

Thank you for helping to try to find a solution. Back to PBR 2016 and solving (patch?) the issue with the rescue media, is certainly a good option, but first I am going to registrate a new account and try HDM with the new account. Maybe it is not possible to download PBR16 and HDM16 and is that what "coupon is over". Just trying to find a way ;-) Thank you, An

I tried to registrate HDM16 with another account or different moments to log in, but I did not find a way to get HDM16 activated. So I went back to Backup and Recovery 16 version 10.2.1. The patch given for PBR16 10.2.0 solved the problem I had with the recovery disk, so it is working fine now. But it is a pity not being able to use HDM16. I found that more people have the exactsame problem lately, so I hope someone will find a solution.