Thread: Is it possible to restore a HDM 16 image using HDM 15?

Is it possible to restore a HDM 16 image using HDM 15?

That's it really.

I want to restore an image created using Hard Disk Manager 16 Basic (free) edition using Hard Disk Manager 15 Professional. Ideally I want to do this by booting from the Hard Disk Manager 15 Professional CD.

I tried the obvious way of doing it and got an error message saying it could not restore the image.

Is there a more devious way of doing it?

Re: Is it possible to restore a HDM 16 image using HDM 15?

question - WHY? if you have the free edition PHDM 16, you can build recovery media from that also. I am not sure about going backwards

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    question - WHY? if you have the free edition PHDM 16, you can build recovery media from that also. I am not sure about going backwards
    Yes, I tried to create recovery media but could not get it to work. When you use the recovery media builder wizard you are presented with two checkboxes: "Advanced Mode" and "Use ADK/WAIK". I left both boxes unchecked. In the next step I selected a 4GB USB flash drive and confirmed that I wanted to overwrite the data on it. Eventually the process completed and I attempted to boot from the USB memory stick. A "Loading data" message appears and a progress bar, but when the progress bar reaches the rhs of the screen, the screen goes black.

Actually, I just tried this again and found that if I pulled out the USB stick at this point then HDM16 does seem to start up. Not sure what's going on here. Will try again later.

Is recovery media exactly the same as a CD straight out of the box? I sort of assumed that it was tailored in some way to the computer on which the recovery media was created and not just a copy of the CD.

AW: Is it possible to restore a HDM 16 image using HDM 15?

Rescue environment: Problems on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709

Restoring archives HDM 16 with HDM 15 ends up in error 0x11037. This is not verified yet as bug. But is one obviously.
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ed/adk-install
    this is the link to the windows developer kit. SELECT THE 1703 version, not 1709 (per paragon)
    instll it.
    then, reboot, etc, etc, and then rebuild the RMB stick, USING the ADK/AIK, point to where it got installed (I thenk it comes up automatically)
    see if that works