Thread: Recovery Media Creation Failure, Error Code = 11, Cannot launch an external process

Question Recovery Media Creation Failure, Error Code = 11, Cannot launch an external process

As the title says, I cannot create recovery media. I'm attempting to create an ISO image, and have followed all the instructions I can find in the forum here.

I have already installed the ADK (tried both 1703 and 1709 versions). I select the "Use ADK" option, select ISO image and point to where i want the image to be created, leaving the ISO image name set the way it is, and leave the default path set for the ADK as that is where it is installed. Within a second of hitting NEXT, and the image creation process screen coming up, I get the failure message, "Operation Failed. Error code = 11, error message = Cannot launch an external process"

Any incite into how to get recovery media created??
    Thanks!

Re: Recovery Media Creation Failure, Error Code = 11, Cannot launch an external proce

Nobody has a clue? Somebody coded this software, so SOMEBODY knows what that error means. So much for a "support" forum. Your not going to get anybody to buy your software if they can't even get the free version of it to work to test it out. No point in paying for something that doesn't work.

Re: Recovery Media Creation Failure, Error Code = 11, Cannot launch an external proce

is this free or paid edition? if paid, you can post directly to support. I do not know if they directly support the free, through the actual support tickets. RE: this forum, it is monitored by individuals who use the program, and sometimes we may not have answer, i wish i could provice one for you.
    SUGGESTION - can you try creating USB recovery media, see if it is able to create a USB stick? that may help narrow down if it is the destination media, or the actual creation of the RMB data.

https://kb.paragon-software.com/wp-c...de-guide-1.pdf

Error code 11
    Error message: cannot launch external process
    RMB2_RESULT_CANT_LAUNCH_EXT_PROCESS = 0x0B,
    The RMB can’t get response from external process.
    Possible root causes:
    • Some configuration or .dll files in program directory are corrupted or missing.
    • External tools are corrupted.
    • Program files, folders or system resources are blocked.
    • Not enough permissions to modify files and registry.

How to troubleshoot:
    • Run RMB with administrator permissions.
    • Reinstall external tools.
    • Reinstall the RMB to the folder with admins permissions.
    • Check disk for errors and system files integrity.
    • Disable Antivirus and other software protection.
    • Check if external resources (WIMWAIKADK) are not blocked.