Thread: Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free Edition error: 0x12016 error in windows 10.

Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free Edition error: 0x12016 error in windows 10.

I run windows 10. Software installed ok. First backup failed with the error 0x12016. I searched the web site and find the link below. Instruction was not was useful ,even if chkdsk c: /f /r ran completely on both internal drive C: and external backup drive F: with no errors.

https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/214

I did this command:

Run Command Prompt (Administrator), type:
    vssadmin list writers
    vssadmin list providers

and post it to the support group, who would not help me and refer back me to you, because to they only provide support to the upgrade version. I was not impressed.

In conclusion, I ran chkdsk, I did upload the result of the command above. Windows backup 10 will not complete successfully. Please provide a detail path of what to do if you decide to help me out.

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free Edition error: 0x12016 error in windows 10.

try right clicking on your c: drive letter, (in windows), go to PROPERTIES in that tab, go to tools, and select error checking, enable all options to repair, etc - it may restart the machine, but give the at a try, then try to back up again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 Free Edition error: 0x12016 error in windows 10.

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    try right clicking on your c: drive letter, (in windows), go to PROPERTIES in that tab, go to tools, and select error checking, enable all options to repair, etc - it may restart the machine, but give the at a try, then try to back up again
    Thanks, I did instruction above. No success. Before the scan, it was saying no error. After the scan, still say no error. Pc Rebooted.

did you make the RMB recovery media builder? IF SO, try booting from that, and try the backup from that media.
    if THAT works, then there is an option in PHDM 16, something about VSS method
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...chkdsk.299261/
    see that thread. but first try from the RMB media

Quote Originally Posted by aoz987 View Post
    did you make the RMB recovery media builder? IF SO, try booting from that, and try the backup from that media.
    if THAT works, then there is an option in PHDM 16, something about VSS method
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...chkdsk.299261/
    see that thread. but first try from the RMB media
    This is an HP laptop. I have a recovery disk, It give an option to reset at manufacturer default OR Current setting, without any application that are not windows 10 built in. This is not working for me to uninstall everything. There is Tool option, where you can go to the command prompt and execute commands. So far, no success.

The Paragon backup & recovery 16 basic , I got the same error. It is not the plan to reinstall windows at this time. I am out of option. If you do reply, please show step by step. Thank you.

S.

in PHDM 16, there is the option to build the RECOVERY MEDIA. that builds the usb stick, or CD, to boot from , that would either RECOVER from a prior paragon backup, OR allow you to back up from teh bootable media.
    you create the bootable media, then boot from it, while having your external usb drive connected, where you want to create your bckup.
    when you run from teh bootable recovbery media, it runs a paragon program, directly from bootup, and not from whithin windows.
    you then select to back up your drive, partitions, etc, ou select these from the laptop's hard drive, and the destination is the usb.
    you will not be overwriting anything on the existing laptop hard drive

what this does is let the bckup program run OUTSIDE windows, still backs up the whole hard drive.

I had to download window ADK for windows 10:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ed/adk-install

Once download, I was able to do a recovery disk from a USB Media. Later a ISO file in my document drive that I could save on a USB Media Later. No error in Paragon Backup & Recovery 16 free. My last question is : The ISO file created. Can window recover it or it has to be Paragon software to recover the ISO file. Do I have to make any change in the settings to reflect that? Please explain step by step. T.Y.

wiht the RMB media, on the usb stick, did you boot with it and then do a backup of your c: drive, or full computer drive, to another external USB drive?
    if so, did you then do the CHECK INGEGRITY option, to verify that the backup is readable and intact?