Thread: Paragon crashes when deleting backups

Paragon crashes when deleting backups

Hello, all. I recently installed Paragon Hard Disk Manager Basic 16 (v. 16.16.1) and I have a problem deleting backups. Every time I attempt to delete a backup, regardless of if it is a full backup or an incremental, and regardless of there are any dependencies the program crashes. It has become very frustrating to say the least. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance for the assistance and time.

Re: Paragon crashes when deleting backups

doyou get an error message, and can you post a screen shot?
    suggeston, CLOSE PHDM 16, then restart it, then try to delete one of the backups (clean start might help)
    just my two cents

error.JPG

Tried that already. This is what happens every time i try to delete the backup and all of the subsequent incrementals.

I've gotten that message before, intermittently. but if I restarted the machine, and then started paragon cleanly, and did the operatin (it was not just deleting backups, it related to other paragon tasks also), then it seemed to work. it seemed to me that having started and stopped and started paragon caused some stub of program to remain, and screw it up.
    if you have started the machine as a restart, and this message still comes up, i'd send a request to actual support, through your account login.
    I wish I know what else to do for this

I had to clean install. Even after uninstall and reinstall there was a preference file apparently left over that continued to show the backup job. I had to uninstall and search my hard drive for all Paragon related files and folders, remove those, and reinstall the program. Unfortunately this one will remain unsolved. That being said, after reinstall no application crashes have occurred to date, though I haven't attempted to delete any backups so far. Thanks again for your attempts at resolution.

just as an FYI, there is an upgrade, version 16.18.1xxx, I had the prior 16.16.1, I just yesterday got the latest update.