Thread: Paragon Recovery CD missing eject option for external drives?

Paragon Recovery CD missing eject option for external drives?

Dear experts,

I am using Paragon Backup and Recovery 16 to restore a disk image I had created earlier. When booting off of the recovery media created for it, and then plugging in my external drive, it did not see my WD external MyPassport drive. I resolved that issue by plugging in the external drive into USB 3 port before booting off of the CD. Paragon was able to see the drive now and I was able to use it to restore all main drive partitions. However, after the successful restore operation, I cannot find any option to safely eject the external drive.

Just to be clear, I am inside the Paragon environment, not inside Windows at this point and just using the Paragon UI that has loaded for restoring / creating backups with "Home", "Main View", and" X-View" tabs at the top.

Could anyone help me locate the safe eject option for the external drive? (If the option exists, please provide as detailed explanation as possible on how to reach it)

I can feel the external drive is busy/spinning still, even after waiting a while (over an hour), so I don't want to just disconnect it physically. I also know I can just use the blue Power button (in upper right screen corner) -> Shutdown option to shutdown the whole PC but in the past I've had external drive corruption happen when using (software-induced) Shutdown without first safely ejecting the drive.

Thanks!

P.S. Other things I tried:
    (1) under "Main View" tab, it shows the main PC drive and the external drive on the right side. Clicking on the external drive (outer box) shows 3 options (on the right looking like blue underlined links). None of those options are "Eject". They are "Backup all volumes on this disk", "Update MBR", and "Show Advanced Properties". The last one indeed shows advanced properties and has no additional options for ejections either. Right-click on the external driver does the same thing as left-click.

(2) Similarly, clicking on the inner box of the external drive, shows 5 options and again, none of them being Eject. They show "Backup this volume", "Change drive letter", "Format this volume", "Delete this volume", and "Show Advanced Properties" (which again just shows properties)

(3) Utilities -> Run Command. I tried variations on "eject","unmount","sync","help","?" with and without drive letters, but none of those are recognized commands apparently.
    Last edited by jsmith65; 25.12.17 at 15:31.

Re: Paragon Recovery CD missing eject option for external drives?

Anyone knows?

Re: Paragon Recovery CD missing eject option for external drives?

I hope that Paragon will add this functionality. So far, you can choose anything from third-party developers. eg https://quickandeasysoftware.net/sof...b-disk-ejector