I've been using BR 14 Free for several years, creating monthly a full VD backup and weekly incremental backups, and now finally have a chance to see if the effort was worthwhile. This posting is a request for validation (or correction) of my plan for restoring a Windows 10 system from the latest set of these backups.

For context: After accepting the latest Windows 10 update, the system successfully restarted and continued to operate until the next restart, after which it would not reboot. On boot, it reported a "BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO" error, then attempted an Automatic Repair which failed, and then launched the Windows Recovery Environment. All attempts to boot Windows 10 produce the same sequence, and multiple attempts to use several of the Advanced options in Windows RE have also failed. The remaining options appear to be: attempt a "Reset this PC" (in WinRE), or rebuild the system starting with a clean Windows 10 install.

My plan: For obvious reasons, I'd rather try first to restore the system from my BR 14 backups. But I've never done that before so would greatly appreciate validation or correction of my plan for doing that. Note that I've already successfully progressed through step #4 below:

1. Boot, progress to WinRE, and in that enviroment use the Advanced option to open a Command window.

2. Use the Command window to run the BR 14 Launcher program:
X:\windows\system32>c:
C:\>"Program Files\Paragon Software\Backup and Recovery 14 Free\program\launcher.exe"
(See question #1 below.)

3. On the BR 14 Launcher UI, select the the "Backup & Restore" tab and click the "Restore from VD" button. In the window that opens, navigate to the folder (on an external 3TB drive) where the backup files are stored.

4. Select the .pfi file corresponding to the most recent full VD backup, and then on the "What to Restore" page, select from the Disk Map the item to restore (See question #2).
Note: Below is a compilation of info about the partitions produced by DISKPART:
Partition Type Size Drive Ltr Label Fs Status Info
#1 Recovery 1500 MB D System NTFS Healthy Hidden
#2 Primary 451 GB C TI1... NTFS Healthy
#3 Recovery 875 GB NTFS Healthy Hidden
#4 Primary 11 GB (not mounted as a Volume)[/FONT]

5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 for each successive incremental backup.

Questions:
1. Should I perform the Restore operation while running BR 14 from the C: drive? If not, from where?

2. Should I restore the entire disk, or just one partition? If the latter, just Partition #2 (i.e., the C: drive)?