Thread: Hard Disk Manager - macOS - Support for APFS

Question Hard Disk Manager - macOS - Support for APFS

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone from Paragon Support could confirm if Hard Disk Manager for Mac is still being actively developed?
    Currently I have the latest version installed 1.1.254 and it does not support the latest Apple File System APFS introduced with macOS High Sierra (10.13.x).
    Is there any ETA for when an update will be available to do so?

Thanks in advance.

Introduction for APFS: https://developer.apple.com/library/...roduction.html

Re: Hard Disk Manager - macOS - Support for APFS

Bumping this.

The Paragon Hard Disk Manager Software has been a great tool for me in backing up entire images of both Windows and Mac based systems via PE. I have also just upgraded my only Mac to High Sierra which uses APFS and would love to see HDM 16 Advanced support that file system, as it only sees it as Unformatted.

Thank you.

Re: Hard Disk Manager - macOS - Support for APFS

Hi,
    I have tried to watch this issue since my HDM install stopped working after the High Sierra release. I have informed Paragon about their lack of product management (shouldn't SW makers align their production with the upfront release cycle?) and so on... I stumbled over this today. Now they finally support HS, but "The current release doesn’t yet include APFS backup functionality, which is anticipated in the next product update", which was a not so unexpected drawback. Meanwhile we endure crappy life cycle management..
    http://blog.paragon-software.com/par...-apfs-support/