Thread: No apparent progress in Migration

No apparent progress in Migration

I am running ye olde Hard Disk Manager 2011 and have attempted several times to migrate the Windows OS from a 13-year-old (!) 40Gb drive to a new 160Gb drive.

I can test-copy a partition OK, but Migrate just seems to hang doing nothing; no flicker of disk activity light, no whirring noises.
    It makes no progress in estimating the time, but curiously the progress bar does not start from zero, but jumps to the position shown.

This seems similar to the post of ISDPCMAN (Jul 2017) so it is not just my outdated version. Similarly I must hit the computer reset button after extended inactivity.
    The new disk is partitioned to the size of the old OS, but (allocating the new drive a letter to see what is in it) it is not formatted.

Old disk has been checked for errors. Any suggestions?
    No progress.png

Re: No apparent progress in Migration

why dont you download the PHDM 16 version? do a backup of the 40 gig drive, then do a restore (not sure if the PHDM 16 basic has the MIGRATE feature enabled, bt the backup/restore would work, and you can still build a recovery disk

I started a migration with disk manager 15 at approx. 0900HRS... it is now 1940HRS. After nearly 11 hours, I only have 51%. The drive I am copying to is FRESH out of the package, and had no errors beforehand.

I'd snap a pic, but there is no photo button here.

The remaining time indication keeps rising... it currently reads: 8 hours 35 minutes remaining.

It is 3TB... not 12.

Is this normal???

is it 3 tb of data? if so , I don't believe that it is unusual.
    I have 70 gig of data on c: drive, and when I do an image, it takes about 1 and 1/2 hours, so 700 G would be about 15 hours, and 2100 G (3tb) would be about 45 hours...
    just my quick calculation...