Thread: Paragon RMB, and Windows 10 ADK kit, which parts are needed?

Paragon RMB, and Windows 10 ADK kit, which parts are needed?

paragon - and ADK installation

I downloaded Paragon ADK ver 1703. I installed full package. BUT, is the FULL PACKAGE needed, in order to create the Paragon RMB disk, OR which of the options can be selectively installed (to save disk space) so that the RMB will still be successfully built?
    because, other than for building of the RMB, I don't need much if any of the ADK kit

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Paragon RMB, and Windows 10 ADK kit, which parts are needed?

PeR SUPPORT request

Thank you for contacting Paragon Support Team!
    My name is Mikael and I will be glad to assist you.

The required components to successfully create a recovery drive are as follows: Deployment Tools,Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) , Imaging And Configuring Designer(ICD) , User Sate Migration Tool (VAMT) , Windows Performance Toolkit and Windows Assessment Toolkit.

Please see image attached and select the following components.They are necessary for creating recovery media.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

SEE the attached file they sent, showing which are needed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Paragon RMB, and Windows 10 ADK kit, which parts are needed?

I am using version 16 and this is the first time I have had to do this to build a recovery media.

As I am in India and my internet connection is around 6 Mbps this is taking ages.

Why did the Linux boot part get removed? Is there a reason why the boot recovery isn't already available readymade on the website for download as an ISO? I had the feeling that was the case many years ago.

AW: Paragon RMB, and Windows 10 ADK kit, which parts are needed?

Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How To: Create Recovery Media With WAIK/ADK For Windows 10".

But IMHO "Deployment Tools" and "Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE)" should be absolutely sufficient - as visible in the German version of the article.
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

AW: Re: Paragon RMB, and Windows 10 ADK kit, which parts are needed?

We had a readymade ISO resp. an EXE file with CD burner, but the respective license is not offered anymore by Microsoft since April 1. 2012. Nice joke. This is why we made it possible for every customer to create his own WinPE without license conflict. In addition we implemented the tools to inject drivers and customize other aspects of the WinPE during creation.

With Windows 7 and newer you should not need ADK or WAIK necessarily because by default it should be possible to use the Windows repair environment as a source for the "raw" WinPE (winre.wim). Only if this fails or if you want to create an ISO on Win 8.1 you are required to use the ADK.

A Linux environment requires a lot of additional ressources from our developers. Since we think our WinPE creator is in a very usable state nowadays we decided to abandon the Linux RCD.

By the way:

this is the first time I have had to do this to build a recovery media
    Creating a rescue medium should be the first thing to do after installing our software. There are hints enough which recommend that urgently. ;-)
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */