Thread: Problem recovering files from Archives with PHDM 16 Advanced

Question Problem recovering files from Archives with PHDM 16 Advanced

With PHDM16 Advanced I can 'Add vd' and create a Paragon Virtual Image from an archive OK. The Paragon Virtual Image appears on the Partition Manager screen. However, it does not have a drive letter or any option to give it a drive letter. This means I can't look at or copy any of the files using Windows Explorer or see any of the files using the recovery options in PHDM16. According to the manual for PHDM16 I should be able to "copy data from/to" the virtual image of the archive.
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Re: Problem recovering files from Archives with PHDM 16 Advanced

You can "copy data from/to" from an "Added VD" using the File Transfer Wizard.
    In order for the disk to appear in the Windows Explorer and it could be assigned a letter, it is necessary to mount it. (but then the disk will be connected only for reading, it seems)

Hi. From what I can see the File Transfer Wizard "copy data from/to" only lets you copy the files that make up the archive itself not the files within the archive.
    I have found a way to retrieve original disk files/data from archives as follows;
    Use "Add VD" to create a Paragon Virtual Image (see picture below). In my case this creates a virtual Archive Data disk. However this has no Volume Letter and there is no option to create one (see second picture).
    If you then go to 'Backup & Recovery' section, then File Transfer; under Source you can find the Virtual Disk and access and copy all the original pre-archived files and data from it. This works for me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes. That's what I wanted to say.
    And if you want to copy files in the Windows Explorer, then at the 'Backup & Recovery' tab, you must select "mount" in the context menu. (if the necessary backup is in the list)

16mount.jpg

Thanks fireworker - that's excellent and the pic certainly helps. I think the manual could be a bit more helpful/detailed in its explanation. Thanks again