Thread: PHDM 16 advanced, and EXCLUDE option - NOW PRESENT !

PHDM 16 advanced, and EXCLUDE option - NOW PRESENT !

PHDM 16 advanced, and EXCLUDE option - NOW PRESENT !
    (seems to relate to both the PARTITION backup, AND the file/folder backup)

EXCLUDE options appear to have returned !
    Backup -> Partition ->
    enable ADVANCED settings -> enable EXPERT settings
    has EXCLUDE options present
    I will try to document more, but am running a test right now
    version
    Paragon-760-PEU_WinInstallSNx64_16.16.1_000.exe
    this is the PHDM 16 ADVANCED installer

I did also install the
    Paragon-760-FRU_WinInstallx64_16.16.1_000.exe
    to a separate machine, wehich is the BASIC installer
    the OPTION is present, but i'm not sure if that is locked out, I am not on that machine currently

Re: PHDM 16 advanced, and EXCLUDE option - NOW PRESENT !

OK, tested two machines, I EXCLUDED c:\zzWorking\*.*, and c:\00aa_Virtual_Drive\*.*
    did the backup, and then did a RESTORE, looked at what files were in the directory. I was disappointed, because the folder name showed up in the list. BUT, that disappointment disappeared, because the *.* flag DID KEEP the files EXCLUDED from the backup, so only the folders existed, but were empty. THAT IS FINE, this kept out some working .ISO and .VHD files, which did not need backed up. now, on my 2ndary machines, I can do a reasonable-sized backup of the essential operating system and essential configuration/data files, without having my working temporary files included !!
    I will continue to test this, but it looks resolved (fingers crossed)

OK, THREE machines backed up, and the EXCLUDE option seems to be working, for IMAGE backups ! I excluded c:\zzWorking\*.*, and c:\00aa_Virtual_Drive\*.*; on RECOVER image, I mount it, go to the file directory, the FOLDERS noted here do exist, but NO FILES exist in them, and that helps make my emergency image backup smaller, more compact, still has the files i need, but EXCLUDES the working redundant files.

ADDENDUM - BASIC version does NOT have the option enabled (I can understand that, it is part of "expert settings")
    However, there IS a button for EXPERT settings, you can navigate to it, it shows you the OPTION for the file/folder exclusions, and you can ENTER something - BUT, after entry, you get the red circle with a lock, indicating it is not enabled, and offering the option to unlock.
    my suggestion woudl be for them to have that option EARLIER in the chain, so someone does not start to enter an exclusion, only to find out that that exclusion won't hold