Thread: Restore wants to create an I drive

Restore wants to create an I drive

I saved my entire C drive using 16. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit environment.

I had the blue screen of death. Tech support installed a clean version of Windows.

When start 16 I see that my clean version has a 100mb System Reserved portion and then a large Drive C

When I get to the screen where I select what I want to restore (actually, where I want to restore it to) that's where I have the issue. If I run this process directly from Windows it gives me the option of the large amount of space named C, but, warns me that I should perform this step from recovery media. But, when I boot using the recovery media and get to the same step it renames that large space "I" (which is the next available drive letter on my unit.)

How do I restore my entire C drive from the recovery environment?

Re: Restore wants to create an I drive

if you want to overwrite the c: drive, then you can't run PHDM 16 from windowsw, because it is running FROM the c: drive.
    if you run from the RECOVERY media, if it is pointing to what WAS the c: drive, it should aim to overwrite that section, and you can then rename the drive letter, I believe.
    can you post some screen shots (take them with your phone, of the SOURCE, and DESTINATION, and how it shows the final partitions to be created)