Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paragon Backup and Recovery stop sudenly with bug when I do a full backup of disk C:

Angry Paragon Backup and Recovery stop sudenly with bug when I do a full backup of disk C:

Paragon Backup and Recovery™, version 10.1.25.779 (31.07.15 ) Home
    Windows 10 Version 10.0.16299 Numéro 16299
    It work find before, last full backup was 10/12/2017
    the incremental backup work find also.
    Now I can't make a full backup because le program stop suddendly with bug. The only way is to use the recovery support to make a full backup

Re: Paragon Backup and Recovery stop sudenly with bug when I do a full backup of disk

is this paragon backup and recovery 2016 free, or the paragon hard disk management 2016?

Re: Paragon Backup and Recovery stop sudenly with bug when I do a full backup of disk

it is not free and it is Paragon Backup and Recovery™ 15. version 10.1.25.779 (31.07.15 ) Home

it works again, all I did was just increase the number of VSS boot attempts in the settings.

my install version is Paragon-799-PRE_WinInstallx64_10.1.25.1137_000.exe
    i would suggest going to your PRODUCT page, and downloading the latest vrsion, the PHDM 15 SP5 version.
    it is good yours did work, but i'd use the latest install from paragon.

well, I receive a mail from Paragon to do this. I have now SP5 and it is working

excellent.
    any time you run into a problem/bug, go to the web site and see if there is a newer version. BECAUSE, it is a cat and mouse game, between microsoft and developers; it is not a deficiency of the developers prior versions.
    if microsoft adds a enw feature, and it crashes out the prior methods of backup, then unfortunately the developers of 3rd party programs are left in a lurch, and have to catch up fast.
    that is one reason i suggest, if you are happy with the product, invest in the latest release, buecause i anticipate (not only with this software) that prior versions wil not get priority update status, in event of windows changes that cause 3rd party application problems.

welle I buy this version three month ago, so I would buy the new version later

if you have ONE machine, keep using the PHDM 15 paid version, but download the PHDM 16 version (installs as BASIC features), to have if you find that the PHDM 15 SP5 crashes out.
    if that happens, due to a microsoft change that affects paragon, then you have the next latest (free) version for emergency backups/recoveries. then consider doing the paid upgrade to the PHDM 16. I know it is a pain if you just upgraded 3 months ago, but the PHDM 15 SP5 may continue for a while with support, and if you have the PHDM 16 basic (free) downloaded, you can install it INDEPENDENTLY of the PHDM 15, and then run it once in a while to get used to the new interface.
    just make sure to LABEL your backups as to which version you used , in the file name (example Machine-01-2018-01-19-PHDM-16, as file name/backup name), because PHDM 16 is backward compatible, but I don't know if stuff made with PHDM 16 can be restored/recovered if mounted in the PHDM 15 program

ALSO, send support a note, to see if since you bought this recently, you can get a free upgrade to the PHDM 16. sometimes, there is a time window for that, but if the PHDM 15 was at a reduced rate, then i'm not sure how an upgrade path works for a free version of the paid license

Well, I'm French as my English can guess and version 16 does not exist in French and I'm not sure it will exist. The SP5 is in English too. My English is very bad all that annoys me a little. On the other hand what I bought three months ago was backup recovry 15 and not hard disk manager 15