Thread: I just want 1 big C drive.

Cool I just want 1 big C drive.

how to extend volume.jpg

Hello there Storage Mavens,

I just want 1 big C drive for my newly installed Samsung 960 EVO in a Thinkpad 470.

In the picture above, that 1000MB "recovery partition" is getting in the way. I tried to use Disk Management to extend the C: volume. It wouldn't. Because of that 1000MB "recovery partition" in the middle.

I purchased Paragon Hard Disk Manager 16. I have created recovery media and a backup image is in progress now. (It has been at 50% completed for 15 min...)

What should I do next?

Re: I just want 1 big C drive.

If you want to keep the recovery partition, you can resize/move the partition to the end of the disk. Just do not change the size of the partition, but only type 0 at free space after. You will then see the partition move to the end and you can resize/move C:.
    Remember that a recovery partition must always keep it's relative position, e.g. it's now partition 3, so keep it position 3. If you want a seperate data partition, create it after the recovery partition.

If it's an old partition, e.g. Windows 8 when you use Windows 10 now, just delete it and resize/move C:.

Succes!!
    Last edited by hvgsel51; 10.01.18 at 00:11.