Thread: restore Windows 10 partition freezes at 50% from Recovery Boot freezes at 50%

restore Windows 10 partition freezes at 50% from Recovery Boot freezes at 50%

Following a re-boot, I lost my Windows partition. Windows automatically restored an old (Windows) system image that I (thankfully) had lying around, but I really need to restore the latest Paragon Backup job (full copy with System Image).

I have tried numerous times to restore my Windows partition using the Recovery Boot (WinPE), but every time, whether I restore to the original partition or to another, identically-sized partition, the restore gets stuck at 50%. Up until that point, it appears to progress normally, but once it hits 50%, it just seems to freeze. The screen displays "About 45 minutes 50%" and says that it is restoring partitions or disks from virtual containers; I have left it run overnight once already, and the same screen was showing in the morning.

I've had no problems in the past with restoring individual files from the backup, but this is the first time I've needed to do a partition restore. Needless to say, I'm quite disappointed, and am hoping that someone has seen this before and can point me towards a solution.

Re: restore Windows 10 partition freezes at 50% from Recovery Boot freezes at 50%

which program are you using - paragon backup and recovery, or paragon hard disk manager 16?
    do you have another machine that this is installed on, to try and rebuild the recovery disk, and then try to reload to your main disk?