Thread: Hard Disk Manager 16 Install Error "Element Not Found" if .NET 4.0 Not Installed

Hard Disk Manager 16 Install Error "Element Not Found" if .NET 4.0 Not Installed

This is to hopefully help others who have a problem installing Hard Disk Manager 16 and get the error "Element Not Found".

I was able to solve the problem by installing .NET 4.0 before installing Hard Disk manager 16. The installation program for Hard Disk Manager 16 did not warn me that .NET 4.0 was required nor did it offer to download .NET 4.0.

I was installing on Windows 7 32-bit with SP1 using the file "HDM16_Basic_trial_32.exe".

The problem did not occur with Windows 7 64-bit with SP1 but that could have been because I had already installed .NET 4.0 for some other program.

In order to troubleshoot the problem I had to look in the installation log file in my temporary folder of my user account. The actual error refers to a missing certificate but I guessed that the certificate was missing because .NET 4.0 was not installed.

For those building custom Windows PE images with the 32-bit version, it may be necessary to copy these two DLLs to your "progam" folder for Hard Disk Manager 16.

msvcp140.dll 14.0.23026.0
    vcruntime140.dll 14.0.23026.0
    Last edited by Erik_FL; 29.12.17 at 08:13.