Thread: PHDM 16, add a backup set to the list, not available

PHDM 16, add a backup set to the list, not available

PHDM 16
    I created a backup, on 12/19/2017. (it was in the middle of this license screwup stuff).
    today, I wanted to do an incremental backup to the 12/19 backup set.
    but, in my single backups, all I see is the 12/17/2017 backup (which is actually 12/02, wth an incremental of 12/17

but in the bckup folder i have a full 12/17/ and 12/19 backup.
    but for making an incremental backup, I can't find out how to make paragon re-recognize these backups; in PHDM 15, there was a way to re-add a backup to the list.

HOW to get paragon to recognize that it did do a full backup on 12/19, so that i can do an incremental backup to this?
    thanks

Re: PHDM 16, add a backup set to the list, not available

I'm having the same problem. According to the manual when you get to 'My Backups>Single Backups>' there should be an 'Add Backup' option as well as the 'Backup Options' tab (there is a picture of this in the manual page 56). This 'Add Backup' option button is not there on my PHDM16. Why is this, where has it gone? The manual says the 'Add Backup' will allow you to add previous PDHM16 & PHDM15 backups to the list given on the screen

i had contacted support. for BACKUP purposes, apparently ONLY the backup sets done with the current install (even if an update) will show up in teh MY BACKUP SETS, for allowing otehr increments to be added.
    for RESTORE, you SHOULD see the ability to browse for other prior backup sets, no matter from which installation.
    i looked at PHDM 15 and PHDM 16 manuals, pg 56, i did not see that option; can you post an image of it?

I've taken a screen shot from the manual for the relevant section. It comes under the 'Adding a Backup Image' section (not sent attachments before so hope this works)
    Attached Images Attached Images

i don't know which manual you have, it looks like "paragon backup and recovery". I have the "paragon hard disk manager 16" manual, and page 56 of it does not show the image you posted, so possibly they've updated everything, and removed that tab.
    i even did a search for "paragon archive" as text in my version of the manual, and it does not come up.
    it looks like that option is gone.
    in any event, from the support reply, the program itself will retain the info on the backups that have been done within that version, and allow you to add increments, etc, to those specific backups.
    and, in RESTORE, that allows searching for other archives to pull data from or restore from.
    hope that helps

Thanks aoz987 - from the info you gave I managed to restore a previous PHDM 15 backup onto a newly created blank partition on my hard disk - so was able to access date I thought I has lost. The manual I mentioned is for Paragon Hard Disk Manager version 16 that I downloaded from the Paragon web-site. I could email you a copy if you wanted. Thanks again for help in recovering previous saved PHDM15 data

don't worry about the mqnual - i did download one, last page states "copyright 1994-2017....", i use the manual as 2ndary info, i try to wade through the actual program options, because they are more curent than the manual, in my humble opinion : - )
    main thing is you now have the way to restore this, and it is working !
    re-post if you have more questions, i can try to help

There is NOT any "Add Backup" icon to the left of the "Backup Jobs" icon on my HDM 16 version 16.15.3.

So how do I add / import a HDM 16 backup job that exists at a different/new location, such as might exist on an external drive etc.?

you start the backup wizard. you then get to the source for the backup, and for me, i have it on either a local drive, or external drive; here you just select one of the tabs that is applicable to where your bckup is, browse to the specific folder, and drill down to the main backup file (I believe it is a ...pfi file) (I did not have my drives hooked up this morning, to look at them)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks but I am trying to add a backup-image created before into the HDM 16 database. I want to verify ("check archive") that it is valid. HDM 15 had a way to do that, but seems to be gone in HDM 16. Any ideas?

How do you verify a backup-set that is not listed in backups yet? I can restore it but can't verify it first.
    Last edited by JohnTech; 10.01.18 at 17:11.