Thread: Interface has to be more user friendly

Interface has to be more user friendly

I'm a long time user of Paragon products and specially of Backup.
    The interface has several problems that make our life a mess.
    The progress of a backup is complete out of sync with what is really going on.
    There is no way to clear old reports.
    The file system created like (Job-201712221932751) is difficult to read or find the correct file that you want to use on restore.
    The schedule works, but it could be more flexible and clear.
    When doing a backup the software should do a reasonable guess of the space needed and not go over hours doing the backup and, at the end, just delete all that was done without notice or option to delete other files from the disk.
    I think that Paragon should review the interface module for future versions.
    As a guide you can look at Norton Ghost. Unfortunately Symantec discontinued this product and left a lot of users in the dark. The latest version 15 works fine under windows 7, but not under windows 10.
    Their backup file naming and interface is much more easy and flexible for the user.
    It can be a good source of ideas for the people that develop the interface of the Paragon product.
    I'm not a developer and don't want to teach you guys how to make a product, but certainly as a user, I find your interface very poor and with lack of options for the user to customize his needs.
    I haven't seen any post on this forum with this kind of complain/request, but in my humble opinion, and if it's commercially viable, Paragon should look up on those ideas and take the product to a higher level.
    There is a lot of small companies trying to get this backup market for the small/medium user, so the competition is there seeking to grab what Symantec gave up.
    I really hope that Paragon, with a more solid presence in the market will be willing to maintain and increase the market share. For this some work has to be done in favor of the end user making the application more user friendly and flexible.

Re: Interface has to be more user friendly

I'm with Thales. The new interface is crap! I use the partition manager mainly. I'm very disappointed with the new interface. I'M NOT BLIND, I have glasses you know. The giant graphical display on my laptop is a waste of space. It's so large I can't get an overview, and I can't see the detail.

I've looked for a way to scale down the graphic but none exists. I've looked for a text-based list but non exist. HDM has always had an interface design problem. The new one, while different, is no better.

The ONE element I do like in the new interface is the immediate execution. Apart from that, give me the older one with all its problems any day.

The new interface needs:

1. a method to reduce the size of the graphic and thereby show more information without scrolling. A zoom control??

2. a list of partitions on each drive. An alternative listing like we have in version 15 and earlier.

+1 to the above.

I upgraded my HDM 15 Pro (SP5) to HDM 16 Advanced. I have tried really hard over the past two months to get on with the new "big, flat and simple" interface but it just does not give me the same detail and flexibility as HDM 15. Also I have now found that the Single Backup Wizard in HDM 16 just opens and then stops responding whilst HDM 15 SP5 works perfectly (Win10.0.162909).

Also the registration system in HDM 16 is a PITA. The program installs all folders and icons as "Basic". You then log in to your account and find the option to use the purchased Advanced licence. The program still shows everywhere as basic and opens as basic, activating the advanced features after it has started. It just seems ill thought out and clunky and this appears to be reflected in various KB articles about registration.

Anyway I have finally given up as the new interface and not responding hinders me rather than helps me and so I have been forced to revert to HDM 15.

Disk partitioning, resizing, moving and imaging is never going to be something all PC users will be able to handle no matter how big, flat and simple the interface is made.

PHDM 16 - interface screen - TOO LARGE !! (just my two cents)
    see that thread, in the BACKUP section, my comments on this interface. I agree with above comments

Is it possible to add in settings Language button? or how can i choose/set language in this programm?

Hello feadraug,
    Although you have a valid question, it doesn't belong to this thread.
    I suggest you repost your question to the "Forum: Misc".
    Maybe there you will get a answer.
    Take care

feadraug, a suggestion would be to log into your paragon account, and post this to the actual support group. that way the actual designers/developers will see the question.

So you wanna say, this forum is not important for developers?

no, i believe it is important to post here. but i dont believe (with the recent release, and interface change) that the developers have monitored this as closely as they could. so i've tried to post in both locations. in some of my posts, i've gotten help from other users on the forum here; and in other cases, i've gotten feedback from my actual support post. and in those cases, i've tried to post the SUPPORT solutions, directly to this forum, to help others if they have same/similar issues.