Thread: Problem with NTFS for Mac 15 and Mac OS X High Sierra

Problem with NTFS for Mac 15 and Mac OS X High Sierra

I installed NTFS for Mac 15 on a MacBook Air (13 inch, 2017) running Mac OSX High Sierra (10.3.2). When I do System Preferences, NTFS for Mac, I immediately get a window that says "Paragon NTFS for Mac 15 system extensioons is blocked! (I attach a screen snapshot). I try the Allow button in System Preferences, Security & Privacy, General tab, but that does not cure the problem. The external hard drive that I wish to use is a Seagate Free Agent GoGlex 500 GB drive, but the problem that I describe above occurs without even attaching the drive to the USB port.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Problem with NTFS for Mac 15 and Mac OS X High Sierra

I failed to give the version number for my installed version of NTFS for Mac 15. It was 15.0.23. I uninstalled it and installed version 15.1.70 (trial version, which I activated). I had the same problem that I reported for version 15.0.23.

Re: Problem with NTFS for Mac 15 and Mac OS X High Sierra

I was able to get around this problem by restarting into Safe Mode (i.e. holding Shift Key during start up). Then when I did System Preferences, Security & Privacy and clicked on the "Allow" button, a window appeared showing what was being blocked from loading. NTFS for Mac 15 was listed and I clicked on the option to let it load. I then restarted normally and could mount my Seagate Free Agent GoFlex 500 GB external disk drive. I had reverted to version 15.0.23 of NTFS for Mac 15, since I can use that without being in trial mode (my Seagate drive came with the option to use the Paragon driver & I found that version by going to the Seagate site first).