Thread: HDM 16 -- older machine can't load because of lack of OpenGL 2.0?

HDM 16 -- older machine can't load because of lack of OpenGL 2.0?

I was going to use my third activation of HDM 16 Advanced on an old (circa 2005) Toshiba laptop (Satellite M115-S3094). It meets the stated system requirements but when I try to run it after the install I see the following:

HDM16.JPG

Both the required VC++ 2015 Redistributable and .NET are installed properly.

This was kind of a "throwaway" installation because I had a third activation available and it's not a big deal. Just wondering if there should be extra system requirements listed if this one can't run because of its age (Intel Mobile 945GM has no OpenGL 2.0 driver?) or perhaps its old graphics unit -- if that's the case, may want to add a system requirement that the graphics adapter must support OpenGL 2.0.
    Last edited by ziggy29; 16.12.17 at 22:54.

Re: HDM 16 -- older machine can't load because of lack of OpenGL 2.0?

I don't know if this will be any help to you, but I had the same issue when trying to run the program inside a virtual machine. I found that the recovery media based on Windows PE does not require the Open GL driver. You may be able to use the program either by booting the recovery media or by using the program files copied from the recovery media.

I suspect that there is a registry key or modified file that changes the graphics requirements for the program. One key that I have found the program checked for in the past is "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contr ol\MiniNT". Creating that key before running the program and deleting it afterward may change the behavior. Other parts of Windows may test that key, so you probably don't want to do it when running other important programs.

I had a similar problem with an older machine running Intel G33/G31 graphics card.
    See this post for a workaround. https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/6472

AW: HDM 16 -- older machine can't load because of lack of OpenGL 2.0?

Hi, bulldog,

did this solution in https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/6472 work for you? Just curious.

Thanks, worked. Typo in envvar.

Thumbs up Re: AW: HDM 16 -- older machine can't load because of lack of OpenGL 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by fridde View Post
    Hi, bulldog,

did this solution in https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/6472 work for you? Just curious.
    Yes it was just what I needed on an old HP Slimline machine.