Thread: Failed to connect to licensing tool

Failed to connect to licensing tool

I keep getting a message "Failed to connect to licensing tool. Please re-install the software!" with the error message
    "Error: -87162879 (0xface0001)" for NTFS For The Mac 15 on my Mac Mini (High Sierra).

I then reinstall the software, continue using it for the rest of the day and, when I reboot my system, there is the message again. I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it. Has anyone else seen this?

Re: Failed to connect to licensing tool

I get this with Paragon NTFS and ExtFS on MBP running High Sierra every time I reboot the machine.

I don't know how to resolve it. Reinstalling doesn't seem to fix it so now I just OK the message and log in; then it works OK, but I wish it would just log itself in without this.

Quote Originally Posted by T600 View Post
    I get this with Paragon NTFS and ExtFS on MBP running High Sierra every time I reboot the machine.

I don't know how to resolve it. Reinstalling doesn't seem to fix it so now I just OK the message and log in; then it works OK, but I wish it would just log itself in without this.
    I have been fighting this problem now for 2 months. I have repeatedly downloaded and reinstalled the software and nothing has helped. Unlike @T600, logging in does not make the drivers work for me.

Fortunately I have not had any real need to write to my NTFS disk until 2 days ago when I returned from a trip and tried to write all of the vacation photos to my NTFS backup disk. This time, when I got the issue again, I filed a bug report and just got a response that was less than satisfying:

"At the moment we are unable to process your response in a timely manner, we apologize for the inconvenience."

What does that mean? And do I need to start looking at Tuxera for the drivers for High Sierra?

Quote Originally Posted by T600 View Post

I have been experiencing this issue now for 2 months but, because I had no real need to write to an NTFS disk, I did not pursue the issue, assuming it would eventually sort itself out with an update.

But I just returned from a trip and wanted to write some photos to my backup disks. One of those is NTFS so I tried again and, failing again, I filed a bug report with Paragon. This morning I got the following response:

At the moment we are unable to process your response in a timely manner, we apologize for the inconvenience

What in the world is that supposed to mean?

I've recently started getting these errors on macOS Sierra, since ExtFS nodified me of an available update to 11.2.6, which it would happily download, but could never successfully install, giving identical "Failed to connect to licensing tool." and "The operation couldn't be completed (Mach error 268435459 (ipc/send) invalid destination port)". I've finally resorted to logging in and directly downloading the ExtFS update, which installed without complaint. Hopefully the issue won't recur when the next update is available.

Quote Originally Posted by an0malaus View Post
    I've recently started getting these errors on macOS Sierra, since ExtFS nodified me of an available update to 11.2.6, which it would happily download, but could never successfully install, giving identical "Failed to connect to licensing tool." and "The operation couldn't be completed (Mach error 268435459 (ipc/send) invalid destination port)". I've finally resorted to logging in and directly downloading the ExtFS update, which installed without complaint. Hopefully the issue won't recur when the next update is available.

Having same problem on Catalina.

Can't update through the on-screen notification ("Failed to connect to licensing tool").

Downloaded the update file (.dmg), tried to install it directly, got this:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (Mach error -87162879.)"

Any thoughts?

Hello? Anyone monitoring this thread? Still can't update the software.

AW: Failed to connect to licensing tool

Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How to write support requests".
    /* Dies ist ein Service Ihres freundlichen Paragon-Support-Teams ;-) / This is a service of your friendly Paragon support team ;-) */

Re: AW: Failed to connect to licensing tool

Quote Originally Posted by rtfm View Post
    Please refer to our knowledgebase entry "How to write support requests".
    this is an unhelpful response to a problem numerous people seem to be having. does this sort of response mean you don't understand the problem and have helpful suggestions without each individual reporting?

in particular, i have the same problem, on a machine which has a license currently. at the moment i've uninstalled then reinstalled the trial version, which works (but reports the same error on startup.) i imagine it will stop working at the end of two weeks.