Thread: PHDM 15 will not create backup on Win10

PHDM 15 will not create backup on Win10

Have been using 15 since its been out, and working fine. Created a backup of C: drive to H:\SystemBackup\Backup_HDD0_20171116_1017 on 16 November 2017. All worked ok.

Windows wanted to do an upgrade on 12th December, and before I let it do that, I attempted to create a backup of C: drive, as usual. Got this display in the backup dialog. Note that the title says Overall Progress 100%. But in fact no folder was created, and no files. I had to shut down, and let Windows do its usual upgrade stuff.
    Came back to Paragon on the 15th, and attempted to do another backup, but failed with exactly the same message.

Looked in the log file, but did not see any entries after the 15/12/207, which was when I tried the backup.

Any comments would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: PHDM 15 will not create backup on Win10

Perhaps the Windows Upgrade prevented VSS
    https://kb.paragon-software.com/article/185

Re: PHDM 15 will not create backup on Win10

this is what happened pror to PHDM 15 SP5. Windows did an upgrade, screwed up VSS stuff, paragon then came out with the SP5 update.
    this is one reason I switched to PHDM 16. If windows does upgrades, and screws things up, I assume that paragon will first try and fix their CURRENT LATEST program, and this may be to the detriment of prior versions. I don't blame paragon for this; it is becoming a game of who can stay up with the latest working software.
    teh unfortunate part of PHDM 16, compared to 15, is the interface had a major overhaul, and I'm ghetting used to it, and it does seem stable and workable, and reliable, it just is taking some getting used to.