Thread: PHDM 16, RECOVERY MEDIA NOT working when at RESTORE WIZARD, VERY frustrating

Unhappy PHDM 16, RECOVERY MEDIA NOT working when at RESTORE WIZARD, VERY frustrating

Paragon 2016
    RECOVERY MEDIA

MAIN ISSUE – RESTORE wizard
    I START the RECOVERY MEDIA, after booting from 32g USB drive.
    I CLICK on the RESTORE wizard, the mouse works, and I get the initial screen of
    RESTORE WIZARD
    I CLICK on the NEXT button. NOTHING happens. I click repeatedly, and nothing happens
    I TAB, and hit ENTER, and nothing happens, it is FROZEN.
    This is ABSURD
    I am getting fatigued from being a BETA tester in essence, for the program. I am becoming very discouraged at the operation of this new version HOW TO MAKE the RESTORE WIZARD respond?

I rebooted several times, and retested the RECOVERY MEDIA, same story
    NO RESPONSE once at the RESTORE WIZARD screen

Re: PHDM 16, RECOVERY MEDIA NOT working when at RESTORE WIZARD, PROGRESS

OK, got reply back from support, they wanted me to use DiskPart to clean off the USB drive. then also download the Windows developer kit (the AIK), the 1703 version, NOT teh 1709 version (don't know why)
    SO, I downloaded teh AIK 1703, installed it.
    I then used PHDM 16 (NOT diskpart), to delete the FAT32 partition that had been existing on the CORSAIR 32g USB stick.
    I then started recovery media builder, with AIK enabled. After prolonged time, it actually was SUCCESSFUL for building.
    I BUILT this on Machine-A.
    I THEN took it to Machine-B, to boot from it (I did not want to turn off Machine-A, it is doing some other processes).
    It BOOTED ok.
    I then went to RESTORE WIZARD. AND, I was able to select the NEXT button, and see my drives !

I have NOT progressed beyond this point. I will test it more later, to see if it can see/retrieve files, etc (I don't have spare drive to recover an image to, yet)
    but I will post results here.
    it APPEARS that first deleting the FAT32 (or cleaning) the USB was helpful, and then using the AIK kit, also.

Re: PHDM 16, RECOVERY MEDIA NOT working when at RESTORE WIZARD, VERY frustrating

ok, RECOVERY MEDIA, built with ADK version 1703. I used PHDM 16 to first erase any partitions on the USB stick, then did teh BUILD RECOVERY MEDIA, with the ADK option selected. It booted on Machine-B, and I now just booted Machine-A, and it works also, gets to the RESTORE WIZARD screen within recovery media. I will later try to restore stuff, but it looks promisiing.