Thread: Hard Disk manager 16 fails at start up.

Unhappy Hard Disk manager 16 fails at start up.

I purchased HDM16 yesterday. After uninstalling HDM 15 and installing HDM 16 I ran it. It is in an infinite loop in which the "wait" wheel spins and the message "Loading disks and partition information ..." appears, then VERY briefly a message flashes on the screen stating "Command execution is not possible as another command is pending". The only way to exit this loop is to abort the program.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. The machine has an Asus X99-A1 motherboard with an Intel I7-6800K processor (not overclocked) and 64 GB RAM. The OS runs off a Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD at 512 GB, Main storage is a RAID 0 drive consisting of three 1 TB SATA drives. In addition there are three 2 TB SATA drives for data storage and 60 GB SSD used mainly for a swap space. (This computer is used primarily for scientific computations.)

I do not like being a beta tester. If this fault cannot be corrected, I would like the purchase price to be refunded and I will reload HDM 15. Frankly, from the little I have seen the changes in the new version appear to be cosmetic. HDM 15 saved me on several occasions. I am not sure why I "upgraded".

Re: Hard Disk manager 16 fails at start up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    I purchased HDM16 yesterday. After uninstalling HDM 15 and installing HDM 16 I ran it. It is in an infinite loop in which the "wait" wheel spins and the message "Loading disks and partition information ..." appears, then VERY briefly a message flashes on the screen stating "Command execution is not possible as another command is pending". The only way to exit this loop is to abort the program.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. The machine has an Asus X99-A1 motherboard with an Intel I7-6800K processor (not overclocked) and 64 GB RAM. The OS runs off a Samsung 960 Pro NVMe SSD at 512 GB, Main storage is a RAID 0 drive consisting of three 1 TB SATA drives. In addition there are three 2 TB SATA drives for data storage and 60 GB SSD used mainly for a swap space. (This computer is used primarily for scientific computations.)

I do not like being a beta tester. If this fault cannot be corrected, I would like the purchase price to be refunded and I will reload HDM 15. Frankly, from the little I have seen the changes in the new version appear to be cosmetic. HDM 15 saved me on several occasions. I am not sure why I "upgraded".
    I have this exact problem as well, with the infinite 'refresh' loop. I know what my problem is, it's my Akasa Interconnect pro (http://www.akasa.co.uk/update.php?tp...AK-HC-05BKV2); which is a combioned card reader and USB hub. When I disconnect it (USB3 cable, USB 2 cable and Molex power connector) , HDM 16 Advanced works correctly. If you have a memory card reader attached, this might be your problem

HTH

UPDATE:

Still can't see my last post 'approved' by a MOD.

Solved my problem which I found was my card reader(s) (Akasa Interconnect Pro). I disabled the card reader listings I had under device manager\disk drives which were 1) Generic - Compact Flash USB device, 2) Generic - MS/MS-Pro USB device, 3) Generic - SD/MMC USB device & 4) Generic - SM/xD-Picture USB device.

With these disabled the infinite refresh loop did not occur when starting HDM 16 Advanced.

HTH.

Just updated to version 16.15.3 which, so far, appears to have fixed my 'refresh loop' issue.