Thread: PargonNTFS for Mac changing readonly attribute of system folders makes big problem

Exclamation PargonNTFS for Mac changing readonly attribute of system folders makes big problem

After I installed Windows with Bootcamp, I used PargonNTFS to transfer WindowsSupport to my Bootcamp disk. After that, I found some of system programs in start menu changed to English titles (I used Chinese version of Windows 10), and my user folders (downloads, documents, etc.) also changed to English.

Finnally, I find the reason for this issue. When I use Pargon NTFS to write file to my Bootcamp disk, it changed the readonly attributes of many system folders.

Originally a system folder (with a Readonly and Documentory attribute) works with a desktop.ini (with a Hidden, Archived and System attribute). They works together for showing localization information of the folder and its contents. Pargon NTFS changed the Readonly attribute of the system folder, then the systemfolder and its contents could not work with right localized title.
    Last edited by frogcjn; 01.12.17 at 17:59.