Thread: PHDM 16, INCREMENTAL backup option in menu MISSING?

PHDM 16, INCREMENTAL backup option in menu MISSING?

INCREMENTAL BACKUP menu option is MISSING in PHDM 16????

HOW to do an INCREMENTAL backup, to attach to a FULL backup, in PHDM 16 (paid version). IN PHDM 15, you had an option to either do a FULL backup, OR an incrfemental backup, and you could attach the incremental backup to one of the full backups.
    in PHDM 16, I did a FULL backup - now I want to do an INCREMENTAL backup, but there is no menu option for this? there HAS to be, so I can do this as desired, and not through a backup job?
    thanks

Re: PHDM 16, INCREMENTAL backup option in menu FOUND

I fOUND the option, and it shows how to work with otehr backups (in my case, SINGLE backups)
    See BAckup-101, when you are in those specific tabs, and when I AM IN SINGLE BACKUPS (extreme right tab toggles between backup JOBS and SINGLE BACKUPS, yuou click on the actual backup that was done
    THEN, see backup-103, on the RIGHT of the backups, you see operations that can be done on that backup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: PHDM 16, INCREMENTAL backup option in menu FOUND

I found it by using 'Expert View', from 'my wizards' select 'Create backup jobs' and it will appear as you progress.

I'm using the Pro version which at present shows as 'Standard' but is 'Pro' a known software glitch.

Re: PHDM 16, INCREMENTAL backup option in menu MISSING?

It is very confusing and not at all obvious as in version 15. I found you have to first create a user defined single backup schedule. This lets you choose your own number of incremental backups before it then does another full backup. This also allows you to choose if you have to run it manually (when you want) or at pre-determined time periods (can set the number of days between backups). The user chooses when to run option gives you full control over incremental backups. When you do a single backup it then gives your named schedule as one of the options to use. Hope this helps. They should restore the straightforward incremental options save as in version 15